What's new

any tips for a first timer? (1 Viewer)

Ken Scott

Agent
OK I'm a 1st timer at this HT stuff though i am pretty good when it comes to video and hooking up components and such. im a video editor so i know a little bit about the how make the movie going experiance a little better.

i have a few questions of what i should do. just to get it out of the way, money isnt an object with my project, so im looking to make a high end system with no limits.

First im planning on making the theater out of a 18x20 room i had built for me after i moved into my new house last year. fourtunately or unfortunately depends on how you look at it, the room still hasnt been finished. all it needs is the rest of it insulated and dry walled. this leads me to my first question. should i do any sound proofing in the room before i dry wall it? would it be worth the extra work? if so, how and what should i use to do it?

The next thing is what would be the best of the best components i should use? i was thinking for sound of going with a system from the JBL Synthesis Series. either the Hercules system or the one, two or four systems and upgrading to the SDP-40 processor from the SDP-3. and for video going with a JVC DLA-QX1Gwith a 65"x116" Da-Lite Cinema Contour Screen. the material will be their perforated High contrast surface.

i also have an extensive collection of ripped movies on my PC, so im thinking of putting a laptop with a highend video card in it out there and have it connect via wireless connection to my pc in my house to the projector and sound system threw a Soundblaster Extigy connected to the laptop. and have a dvd player with a hundred or so disc changer.

to give you a clue on kinda what i want this to look like go to the JBL link from ubove and place your mouse cursor over (don't click) the JBL Synthesis four link, the pic will change to what i want.

well that about sums it up. any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.:)

Ken Scott

Agent
thanks, i'll do that. ive been taking some measurements and im going to have to get rid of the 2 existing windows which shouldn't be too hard, but its looking like it'll be quite promising from what see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks