What's new

Any These Dir. Cuts Worth Getting (DD & Elektra) (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I have both original releases and was wondering if the dir. cuts of Daredevil and Elektra are worth getting? If they are is there any need to keep the originals (missing extras, etc)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I replaced my DareDevil with the directors cut. It's a much more complete movie. I don't think there was anything on the original disc that wasn't on the directors cut.

Can't speak to Elektra.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have both the directors cut of daredevil and electra.. you need to keep the theatre version of DD for the extras.. they are not transfered to the directors cut.. I prefer the directors cutof DD over the theatre version.

I don;t own the theatre version of electra.. however there are some minor changes, and also is loaded with extras on the second disc.

JACOB

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys I'll probably pick 1 if not both movies when I go out shopping tonight.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
The DD Director's cut is a better film, but as others have said, none of the extras are ported over. If I remember correctly, the doc that was on the original disc was pretty good.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
As I recall, DD TC has a few bits the director didn't want (a love scene). These were removed from the DD DC, so neither product has everything.

I bought both (DD TC & DC) and then sold TC disc 1. Now I've got the DC and the 2nd disc from the TC.

I haven't seen Elektra (either version) but the DC has slightly more footage and way more extras. For what I can tell, it still isn't a good movie but I would get a DC copy used if one presented itself.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Well I ended up getting both. I will be keeping the DD 2-disc version for the reasons mentioned above (the Dir Cut seems more like a companion piece than a replacement).

As for Elektra, the movie has always been a guilty pleasure of mine but I won't be keeping the original release. This 2 disc version looks mighty nice. imo the coverart on both are better this time around as well.

Rocky F

Second Unit
I'll pretty much repeat what everyone else has said. The theatrical cut of Daredevil has great features, but the director's cut is much better. I don't have either Electra yet, but I will probably get the DC, primarily for the extras, the difference in the versions of Elektra is apparantly no where near as big as the difference in the two Daredevils.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
when the FX network showed daredevil.. they showed both the theatre and directors cut.. meaning it had scenes not in the directors cut that was in the theatre version.. like the love scene between matt and electra.

JACOB

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the original cut of Elektra was ok but the DC moved it up to good. Your copy of Elektra DC should also have had a coupon for $7.50 off other dvd's. That helps with the cost of replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks