What's new

Any suggestion? Need to build a karaok at home . (1 Viewer)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
You need to find something that is made for microphones and live music - not a home theater system - something like a PA system -- a cheap one can be had for around 150.00

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/harbinger-ha60-pa-system

"This affordable Harbinger HA60 PA System features a mixer with 4 mic/line inputs, 2-band channel EQs, digital effects, an AUX input for MP3, CD, or computer connection, and a direct output for recording; 2 - 10", 2-way full-range speakers equipped with stand mounts; and 2 - 20' speaker cables. Additional features include an AUX input for MP3, CD, or computer connection and a direct output for recording."

You would plug in the output from your box into the AUX input of the PA system - then can have 4 people singing and mix in the music from the player...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Looking at the diagram he provided -- with mike cables going into AV receiver -- as you stated in one of your responses -- "that is just wrong."

But it is correct for a PA system - and if the diagram is correct - and all they want is a system for karaoke, then a simple PA system would fit the bill. It would also allow for separate channel volume control for each microphone, as well as the music source coming from the box he bought.

The system you use is designed to have the mike going into the system, then will do the mixing and output it to your receiver -- but those are not the connections from his diagram.

It sounds like he just needs the mixer, amp and some type of speakers -- why not get something that can handle microphone inputs.

Although I cannot read what is printed in the diagram, this thing just seems to be a karaoke music server for a music library, and not a complete karaoke machine. It seems to have inputs to select the songs - as well as video outputs to have the words/music show up on an external monitor of some kind. Then it outputs the audio to a separate system that adds the microphones and amplification.

Looking at his budget -- " I can spend $1000-1500" -- I was a little low.

This package goes for $1200 and would be more like a pro-level system....if he would like another option.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/peavey-pv14--ipr-1600--pv115-pa-package

qzzheng

Auditioning
Martino said:
Looking at the diagram he provided -- with mike cables going into AV receiver -- as you stated in one of your responses -- "that is just wrong."

But it is correct for a PA system - and if the diagram is correct - and all they want is a system for karaoke, then a simple PA system would fit the bill. It would also allow for separate channel volume control for each microphone, as well as the music source coming from the box he bought.

The system you use is designed to have the mike going into the system, then will do the mixing and output it to your receiver -- but those are not the connections from his diagram.

It sounds like he just needs the mixer, amp and some type of speakers -- why not get something that can handle microphone inputs.

Although I cannot read what is printed in the diagram, this thing just seems to be a karaoke music server for a music library, and not a complete karaoke machine. It seems to have inputs to select the songs - as well as video outputs to have the words/music show up on an external monitor of some kind. Then it outputs the audio to a separate system that adds the microphones and amplification.

Looking at his budget -- " I can spend $1000-1500" -- I was a little low.

This package goes for $1200 and would be more like a pro-level system....if he would like another option.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/peavey-pv14--ipr-1600--pv115-pa-package
you are so definally right about my karaoke system here.

I just need to have good speakers (looking for a good one) and mic, also one "amp/receiver/mixer/pa" (which I dont know which one suite me the best)

That is all im looking for.

thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I kept asking...

"Does this thing have volume control?"

How many more times does that question have to be asked?

If it does not have volume control(and if it is "just a music server")...then yes, you need PA.

In your originating post it says...

"I have this karaoke system I bought in China"

A "karaoke music server" does not make a "karaoke system".

qzzheng

Auditioning
schan1269 said:
I kept asking...

If it does not have volume control(and if it is "just a music server")...then yes, you need PA.

the karaoke machine has no volume control, the green and purple are output.

in your word, this is only a karaoke music server , not system.

thank you so much for asking and getting things right.

Appreciated SAM

qzzheng

Auditioning
schan1269 said:
I kept asking...

http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-25-Watt-Stereo-Black/dp/B004U29IGG/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1373819168&sr=1-7&keywords=integrated%20amplifier&tag=viglink123527-20

this one may able to help me , and I need a speaker, 5.1.

any idea which one is good for 700 square feets area

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That link(from what I linked earlier) is not PA.

You either need...
http://www.amazon.com/Audio2000S-Karaoke-Amplifier-Digital-Control/dp/B003H537A0/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1373848649&sr=1-13&keywords=karaoke+mixer
and two speakers.

Or
You need your server connected to this...
http://www.amazon.com/iLive-iPod-Karaoke-System-IJ308W/dp/B000VIAP2E/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1373848999&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=ilive+karaoke (or something like it)

Which it can connect to any stereo or home theater ever made.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
That is a link to a cheap stereo amplifier - it will be able to take an input signal and power 2 speakers (with 25 watts/channel) -- but will not be able to take the mike inputs, or provide you with 5.1...

If you want to go with a cheaper - karaoke only system - then the cheapest complete one I found will run you $600
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/peavey-pv14--kustom-kpc15p-pa-package-- this has all of the cables needed, mikes, a mixer and speakers ..for a 2.0 system...you don' t need 5.1 surround sound for a karaoke only system.

If you want a true 5.1 system that is a part time karaoke system - you will need some extra equipment to hook up the speakers into the receiver - I found an article on what extra equipment you need to do this - http://www.ehow.com/how_2138134_receiver-sound-comes-through-spreakers.html
If that is the case - any 5.1 system will work for you...you can look through other posts on recommendations for a 5.1 system within your budget.

qzzheng

Auditioning
THANKS GUYS

I WILL LOOK INTO AMAZONE OR MUSICIANS SITE .

I KNOW HOW TO CONNECT NOW, MY SYSTEM PLUS MIXER OR AMP OR RECEIVER( HAS CAPBILITY TO CONNECT MICS)AND TO 2.1 OR 5.1 SPEAKERS

THANKS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks