What's new

Any reviews on the 12/6/2005 "Walt Disney Treasure's" releases? (1 Viewer)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
The title said it all.:)
  • Adventures Of Spin & Marty, The: The Mickey Mouse Club: Walt Disney Treasures Limited Edition Tin (1955)
  • Chronological Donald, Volume Two: Walt Disney Treasures Limited Edition Tin
  • Disney Rarities, Celebrated Shorts: 1920s-1960s: Walt Disney Treasures Limited Edition Tin
  • Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox, Legendary Heroes: Walt Disney Treasures Limited Edition Tin (1958) [/list=a]

Thanks,

Paul

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
UltimateDisney.com posted a review of the Rarities volume a couple of days ago. They will get to all four before too long.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
A minor thing, but I noticed they have apparently dropped the pretense that these are Limited Editions. [Except limited in the sense there will not be infinite copies, or maybe fewer than a typical Disney release I suppose.] Is it the same with the U.S. versions? No numbering? In Canada we get very slightly different exterior packaging, presume inside is the same.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I believe all four of the new Disney Treasures are limited to 125,000 copies each. That is identical to Wave 2 and pretty much on par with the other waves released here in the U.S.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
There's no "number certificate" inside the U.S. versions either this time? I've only opened one of the current tins so far (Rarities) and may have missed it, or else it's "missing"... No big deal, I'm just curious. I thought the numbers in the last wave had gone up to 2-300,000 for some titles, but I don't remember...

Edit: and speaking of detailed reviews of this "classic" Disney stuff, where is Ernest Rister these days??

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
4. Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox, Legendary Heroes: Walt Disney Treasures Limited Edition Tin (1958)

Anyone hace comments on this title? I only purchased Rarities and Donald titles.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Both my Chronological Donald and Rarities sets have numbered certificates of authentification. I'm certain all the titles in this wave have them. Your copy must've somehow been mising one Craig. Unfortunately, it'd be pretty hard to get Disney to send you a new one!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I been robbed! At least for the Rarities. I think I'll do an exchange, disc is *no good* :) without that piece of paper...thanks for the info.

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Just checked all 4 of mine and they all have limited number certificates inside them!
Would anyone who has detailed knowledge of the Walt Disney cartoons be able to speculate on likely future releases based on where we are now e.g maybe 2 more Chronological Donalds for instance or one more Mickey Mouse in Color?

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
There should be no more MM. I'd expect two more DD volumes, one more Pluto, one more Silly Symphonies and possibly another "Rarities" or a "this and that" volume with a different title. That should complete the classic theatrical cartoons. But there is more material, both animated and not, for more WDT volumes if the Powers allow it.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Al, PM or email me if you've got any good scoop. I'd be very curious about that...actually (ironic as it may sound) I'd be glad in a way if true because it would at least show that Disney *knew* there was an issue with sub-standard mastering-- which I'd prefer to alternative of them being clueless!

-dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks