What's new

Any reviews of 'The Tick' Complete Series? (1 Viewer)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I'm really debating on whether or not to get this one next week and I'd like to see a review before I decide.

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I just picked this up tonight, and I am somewhat impressed by it. The picture quality is very nice, and the sound is fine and clear. It is good to see them in anamorphic widescreen, too. I'm also impressed because, unlike with certain other Columbia/Tri-Star TV releases, these have chapter stops (4 of them per episode), as well as actual special features (the commentaries). Anyway, if you liked the show, then it's a no-brainer purchase. However, if you've never seen the show, then...I don't know what to tell you. It's a good set, though. (Oh, and as a small bonus, the packaging is blue, a la The Tick himself...very nice.)

Gui A

Supporting Actor
I really liked The Tick series, so I got this. It's pretty good for the most part.
However, there's no subtitles.
And it's open frame 1.78. There are lots of shots where 1.33 looked to be the AR of choice - i.e. actors scrunched in the center of the screen.
The content, however, is great...
"ooh. more treats from the orient... A secret message! from my teeth."
and 1.78 seems to work on some shots.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
I really like that this is 1.78:1 just like the digital version Fox had on TV. Colors are as sharp as faux widescreen now.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Eric, it was probably shown in widescreen on their digital station, as they do with some shows. Something like "Fox Digital Widescreen Where Available" or something.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Definitely worth the purchase if you're a Tick fan. Columbia put some effort into the release instead of just releasing it barebones.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
re-upping this thread for 2 reasons.
  1. to get it moved to the right section and.
  2. to remind people that there is a terriffic interview with patrick warburton on a web link that you have to get to by putting the dvd of disk one in your dvd rom, and be attached to the internet.
    [/list=1]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks