What's new

Any receivers/HTiBs/DVD Players with coax/cable output? (1 Viewer)

Jason Hartman

Auditioning
Hi folks,
I'm getting ready to start working on a very modest second HT setup for my bedroom.

I'm going to be getting a matching cabinet for my bedroom furniture that will hold up to a 27" TV. Currently i just have an older 20" TV in my bedroom that i'm going to be using for the time being. Since it's older, this TV only has the coaxial cable input, like from your cable box. That's it - no s-video, not even composite.

My question is : will i have any luck finding a receiver, home theater in a box, or a DVD player that has a coaxial (analog) video output? Seems to me that the only type of unit i can find with that type of connection is a VCR.

I suppose I could pass the DVD output into a VCR with composite cables and then send the video out of the VCR via the coax cable. Just wanted to see if i had any other options here.

Thanks for your help!

Jason

Jason Hartman

Auditioning
I think what I'm talking about may also be called an RF connector, if that helps at all.

Would any receivers or DVD players have an "RF video out" jack on them for connecting to my old tv?

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Doesn't your TV support any other video input format other than RF in? Most TVs, even cheap ones, will accept at least composite. RF is really meant for cable TV broadcast rather than video sources like DVD/VCD/VCR/LD/etc. DVD quality video is best transmitted via component video cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks