Any profound regrets?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by JohnRice, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    If I had stuck with my computer science degree instead of getting frustrated by the math, I would have emerged into the late 80s with a much more useful skill set. Also, I wouldn't have met a girl I used to regret NOT pursuing more persistently.

If only I had seen the internet coming.

Of course, if I had, today I could be a failed dot-com entrepreneur living with parents and wondering why I didn't get a degree in the humanities.

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    To me, the interesting part of this topic has to do with what people consider to be a "profound" regret as opposed to a regular(?) regret and the different ways that we deal with them. At least with respect to personal and life altering decisions. But I would like to think that any member here who seriously injured any person, intentionally or otherwise, would certainly and profoundly regret it. I know I would.

How about that guy in Pacific Grove Ca. (a cute little place, btw) circa 1980 who wasn't home when the suits from IBM came knocking looking for an operating system. So off to Seattle they went. Talk about a profound regret. I've always wondered where he was.

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Hookers. And trust him, the sex was worth it.

[​IMG]

5. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    It was the president of the little company that brought out "Dr. Dos" (I'm not sure if that was the actual name then). He went golfing. He believed that would make him look more interesting. The second-in-command was there, but as it turned out, the IBM delegation was not amused.

Mrs. Gates, mother of a guy who had started another, even smaller, software company, heard this story the same evening during a bridge game. She suggested contacting her son. The man in charge of the project at IBM, still boiling, liked the idea.

Cees