What's new

Any plans for SUPERMAN and ATOM MAN VS. SUPERMAN serials? (1 Viewer)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The serials are in the works for release in Q4 from what I hear, but I haven't seen an official announcement. There was mention of the serials in an ad in one of the video store trade magazines a while back. I bet when the official word on the Superman movie megaset is released, we might hear something about these as well.

Esten

Supporting Actor
Amazon shows they were released this past Tuesday. How are they?

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I've read on other sites that the prints used are the same as for the older VHS release. I haven't picked them up yet, I probably will sometime after the holidays.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
They gotta look better than vhs. I just watch both Superman (15 chapters) and recorded Atom Man vs. Superman (15 chapters) on my cable box hd dvr over the past 6 weekends on digital cable TCM and they looked good aside from some light level changes and few specks. I'm sure they should look better on dvd than on TCM.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I ordered these last week fro Amazon but might not get them before Christmas. I was going to buy them the day they were released but Wal-Mart wanted $32.65 for them, that's too much for my blood. I've never seen them before. I hope the video quality is as good as the 2 Batman serial releases that came out recently, I'll be happy if it is.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member

Well, yes, I'm sure that they look better on DVD. My point was that the DVD uses the same master as the VHS version.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Anyone know why Kirk Alyn isn't listed as a cast member during the run of the first "Superman" serial? He only played the title character, fer cripes sake! Perhaps the makers wanted to lend an air of mystery to the character?

Also, I noticed that in the "origin" episodes of both the theatrical serial and the George Reeves TV show, Supes' adopted earth-dad is named Eban rather than the more familiar Jonathan. Is this a carry-over from the early days of Action Comics? Was there ever an Eban Kent in print?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks