What's new

Any PAINTBALL players around? Recreational, tournamnet, ocasional... (1 Viewer)

Andre Barros

Stunt Coordinator
Nice! I've seen a couple of posts about paintball here but they were kind of old. I've been playing since I was 12, that was 1991. I played for 4 years straight than went on a break and decide to come back 4 months ago.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still a pretty active paintballer. I shoot an icd bushmaster 2k2. It's a great sport.

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Automag which I haven't touched in FOREVER. I find forest paintball really boring, I only like simulated city combat which they outlawed here :frowning:

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
why did they outlaw it there?

i love the city maps here...they have three story building and such....

James T

Screenwriter
I've only played a few times, but both times had great stories.

The first time I went, my friend ran out of paintballs. So he said he'd act as a distraction while I could get in closer to the enemy's base. His distraction was crawling on the rocky ground towards the enemy. I screamed at him to "Get up, you fool!". It didn't work, he just kept crawling. But his crawling did draw their attention as they were firing and mainly missing him. I got in real close and "killed" two people that were trying to snipe him. I then so someone firing in my direction, so I took cover in the nearby corner. I was going to wait for a few seconds, jump out and open fire. Well, I jumped out and the guy was about five feet away from me. Point blank in the head. It ended up bleeding as it was just above the mask.

Another time, I could have sworn everything went in slow motion. I was trying to run to hide behind the destroyed car. As I rounded the corner, I saw a paintball and I could almost see the trail and its destination as it was aimed at my nether regions. I just did this little hop and felt it graze pass the overalls covering my balls. At that point I got scared and started feeling all over and checking my boys(still left open for an enemy to kill). When I found no paint and that everything was in tact, I proceeded to move on.

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator

Because it can be extremely dangerous as James shows you with his bleeding shot story. The last time we went to the place "Paintball adventures" someone shot my buddy in the back of the neck and immediately drew blood. 300fps from about 8 feet can pack a wallop on bare skin, and you can't have a field which is large AND not have people firing guns which sometimes get "hot" especially since most people shoot Co2 (I myself shoot nitro).

Paintball fields are a scam IMHO anyway as they GOUGE you on paint prices and most fields are "Field paint only" which I guess is fine, but they don't get my business.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
my local place is SC village, it's great...you can use any paints and they have so many fields.......i guess that sucks for you guys.....

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I play speedball just about every weekend in the summer and fall. I just started about September but the first time I played I was hooked.

I'm shooting a Piranha EXT PRO 2k3 with a Lapco Big shot barrel. Its not the best setup in the world but its good enough for my skills right now.

Andre Barros

Stunt Coordinator
Khoa, SC Village is supposed to be the best place in the US right? From what I read that's the home of many great teams like the Ironmen.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
that's what i keep hearing, all the pros play there.....i just go there with my friends and play.....

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
I have been playing for 4 years now and Love it. Where my friend lives he has all this land in the back of his house. There is an old junkyard, a big open field, and a pine grove. we get about 10-12 people together and just go nuts.

TIPPMAN 98 Custom with a flatline barrel.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
my brother used to play a lot, he was always telling me to try it out, i think i would like it, but truthfully i am afraid to get shot up! are there any places that have sessions set up for beginners? i'm pretty agile, but i would still have to get used to things, i dont want to get lit up. he has a pretty sweet gun, although i'm not sure what it is.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks