What's new

Any other Ghost Hunters fans? (1 Viewer)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Gerry, I am really looking forward to your episode! I can't wait to hear your thoughts & stories after it airs.

They have been having some very interesting stuff these past two episodes. I loved the Hell Fire caves setting - I love the juxstaposition of stuff like that - the church vs. scary caves aspect. I'm torn - I would LOVE to go there and check it out but I bet it would be scary as heck to go in (especially in the dark like they do.) I have really liked this Ghost Hunters in Europe thing, I like the locations that they get to go see. I thought the light, etc. was neat in this episode.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

gerrymac48

Grip
Real Name
GERRY
Abby,
I can't wait to be able to talk about it too. It's gonna be fun to finally be able to say something as it has been like 8 or 9 months since it was filmed. That's a long time for me to be dummied up. :laugh:
Gerry

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Here is a new promo clip from the TAPS investigation at Gerry's house:

http://ca.tv.yahoo.com/ghost-hunters...BtlFi7y_1kp4h4

Can't wait to see all of it tomorrow.

And I REALLY wish more people who have had TAPS investigate their homes would find their way here. It is definitely nice to be able to talk to someone who has had significant personal experiences relevant to this discussion thread and show.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Gerry, it is the commercial break before your reveal...don't go in your attic, lol...freaking spooky...can't wait to see what else they found.

EDIT

Alright Gerry, give us some updates and whatnot. I felt bad for your wife, she really looked stressed during the reveal.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Still a couple hours away here yet, but I had to check in and see if Gerry had chimed in yet.

gerrymac48

Grip
Real Name
GERRY
Hi all,
Just chiming in. (lol) It's actually about 11pm right now but I will come in tomorrow morning. I thought the show went well other than seeing myself on television. I really don't see any questions yet anyway so I will check back tomorrow. Hope you all liked the show.
Gerry
ps, Thank You "TwoKings", my wife was as stressed as she looked.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay

Questions for you Gerry.

-What did you guys do after Taps left (did you sell the house or try to communicate with the "entity" or whatever it is)?

-Have you had anymore incidents with the attic and the sink?

-Any behind the scenes events that did not make the cut for the episode? Have their been other paranormal events in the house that you may have mentioned to Taps, but did not make the show?

-How freaked were you when you saw the purse fly to your feet?

gerrymac48

Grip
Real Name
GERRY
Okay, let me try to answer these.
1. we have been able to deal with it much better knowing that our claims are solid. Funny, as Grant said at the end "knowledge is power". We have as a family prayed and asked it to leave.
2.The sink has not repeated but the attic is active very often. mostly banging and sounds of things moving around.
3. As kind of a surprise to me one thing that did not air was the information that a 7 year old girl dropped dead off a horse on our property. Our show did get the bulk of the hour but I guess you can only squeeze so much in that amount of time.
4. Of all the things that have happened around here the purse by far freaked me out the most. If you take a "debunking" type of attitude you can satisfy a lot of things in your own mind. Even if you are wrong you can rationalize things away in your mind. But,,, when you are sitting there and a purse flips across a room to your feet and no one is near it and there is no possible explanation for it even after going over and over it in your mind looking for all possible reasons the only thing left (for me anyway) is to freak out.
I hope that answered your questions. I didn't expect to come back in tonight but I will definately check back tomorrow.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

Completely agreed. Either he was trying to make the vibe "spookier" which is what Most Haunted got busted doing, (meaning, he's acting) or he is SERIOUSLY in the wrong line of work.

:)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Gerry, glad you are here. If it makes you and your family feel better, I agree with the TAPS guys. If there is paranormal activity, it doesn't seem to me that it is dangerous.

I think there is more than one type of "paranormal". There is the stuff that is associated with "ghosts" or "spirits", which could be dangerous, then there is the type that is some sort of energy or field that is probably scientifically explainable but we have yet to fully understand. This would be things like ball lightning, orbs etc.

The good news that the second type is not "bad" or "evil". It is something nature has done since the beginning of time and your house just happens to be near a hot spot. The only danger is if the effect accidentally causes a secondary affect. Like causing a person to fall down the stairs due to being startled or "touched" by the energy.

So I hope you and yours can sleep better knowing that it doesn't seem to be malevolent. You should feel lucky that you get to see some of the weirder aspects of mother nature. :)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Gerry, I had a somewhat similar experience in my other home when I was growing up, and all it took was moving an old photograph I discovered in the room to cause the activity to stop. Have you checked the attic for something that you don't own? Just a thought.
Funny thing about last night's episode, it seemed somewhat rushed. And the "where's Brian?" "He's sick" part seemed a little too staged, as was the beginning when the woman entered TAPS. Otherwise, it was a good episode.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am a bit suprised at how easily they blew-off the toy Dragon turning on. I would have thought they would at least take it out of the pile and look at it.

gerrymac48

Grip
Real Name
GERRY
The dragon toy had me sitting there saying to myself, "well,,,,,, pick it up". I didn't quite get that either.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I also was baffled as to why they did not investigate the toy dragon more to see if it was rigged as a prank or if it was just not working right.

I would have spend a good amount of time checking those toys out.

As for the staged opening, it was so bad I was laughing. I don't know why they did it. They obviously can't have the cameras rolling 24/7 at the office with everyone mic-ed up but they don't need to stage the introduction.

They should do what they have done in the past and just say someone came in with an emergency case and get rolling.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Gerry, I have a few questions I'm curious about:

1. How long have you lived in the house?

2. Did you experience unusual activity right from the start, or was it after you have been there for a while?

3. If it was after you had been there for a while, can you think of anything significant that happened prior to it starting (like a remodeling project, personal/family stresses, a death in the family, etc..)

4. Have you ever talked to the people who lived in the house before you? If so, did you ask them if they experienced similar things?

(I realize that can be a sticky conversation, because if someone has stuff like this going on in their house and they sell it, the new buyers may feel some resentment that they were sold a "problem" property. So the sellers may not want to admit that they knew stuff like this was happening. Also, it could be sensitive because if there was a death in the "prior family" and the activity is connected to that [a family member's "ghost"], one may feel awkward telling someone that their father/mother/husband/wife's etc.. spirit seems to be stuck in the limbo that'd I'd imagine some hauntings to be. But it is definitely information I'd want/need if I was trying to understand what is happening in what is now my house.)

5. If you haven't talked to the prior owners, were you able to research their history? Was this how you got the information about the girl falling off of the horse. Or was that information TAPS dug up in their investigation?

6. Have you still been hearing the "explosion" sounds from under the house? Or was that alleviated by dealing with the furnace and pipes?

7. Since the investigation, do you now hear activity in the attic? I think you said above that you do now. So I want to clarify: In the show, Jay and Grant stated that the attic was an area where no activity had been reported. They said they wanted to investigate it because in their experience sometimes a room with no reported activity can turn out to be where an "entity" "hides out".

So now that they've been up there and that activity was witnessed, has the attic activity increased? Or do you think that sounds you heard before where coming from there and you didn't realize it, but now thinking back do you think sounds did come from there? Or is the attic just clearly more active now?

7. Have you ever experienced any visual phenomena, or has it just been the sounds, sensations, and movement (of objects).

8. Is there anything more you can tell us about the girl who died falling off the horse?

9. Do you think TAPS will come back for another investigation?

I know that often they simply want to try to help the home owners, so if the homeowners wind up feeling "ok" about the situation there isn't a pressing need to come back, and it's not like they are the Ghostbusters and can just get rid of it for you. But since a big part of what they do is trying to document evidence of paranormal activity (sounds, EVPs, catching visual phenomena on video, etc...) they do have reason to want to go back to some places they feel have something real going on.

Since the time of the investigation, have they ever said they would like to come back at some point? I forget how close you are to their home base. Have you indicated to them that they are welcome to come back if they want to try to catch any more paranormal evidence?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

They didn't seem to be looking with the thermal or doing EVP recordings, but I'd imagine that they didn't show everything they were doing. And if no EVP was detected, then the editors of the episode probably thought that didn't need to be featured in order to make room.

Also, if there are no reports of apparitions, maybe they are less likely to use the thermal cam? Or maybe they were using it and again it just wasn't featured.

I'd certainly want to camp out in that attic with the full gauntlet of stuff (video and audio) though.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The first investigation was also interesting.

The first thing I thought of when they talked of the feeling of being watched in the basement was an unshielded EM spike in the area (I guess watching these investigations has rubbed off on me). It was cool to see the investigation go that way and find an EM spike that needed addressing. Now, I'd like to know if this eliminated the feeling these people were having in the basement or if it is still being experienced. Either way, I'd want to know.

The toy stuff was also cool. But, like everyone else, I want to see/know more about what they did to follow up on it. I think it is pretty likely that they DID take a good look at the toy at some point (they really would have to), but it just wasn't shown to us (similar to how Gerry mentioned that there was information about a girl dying on his property that wasn't included in the episode).

Obviously, we'd all like to have seen that follow-up on the toy investigation because it is the logical thing one needs to understand first before putting any thought toward paranormal activity. So I assume they did. TAPS is usually very good about that, but as we know not everything is going to make it into the segment. Plus, the segment was only about "25 minutes" out of the "hour" block, so it's pretty certain to have been cramped.

Since the TAPS guys are so close to this one, I'd hope they get back for further investigation. And maybe then they can tell us more about the toy stuff.

Gerry, do you ever exchange emails with Jay and Grant to keep them informed about your place? If so, you should suggest that they visit this thread if they have the time. I know I would LOVE it if they posted here from time to time. While not perfect, I think this is a pretty good discussion forum as far as internet discussion forums go.

gerrymac48

Grip
Real Name
GERRY
Sean,
We have lived here for 7 years. The activity started shortly after moving in but mostly my wife experienced it because I was working a lot back then. We have never been able to figure out if anything in particular set it off other than us moving in. The people we bought the house from were going through an ugly divorce so we had almost no contact with them. Taps dug up the property history from the local historical society. The explosions had nothing to do with the furnace pipes as they are felt in all rooms of the house. The last big one was the day before yesterday. i constantly hear things in the attic now but before we had so much information I dissmissed it as animals or other possibilities. Now that I have more of a trained ear to it I have ruled that out. My wife's son has a drum set set stored up there and a few times I have heard them. (not musically, but like tap, tap, tap). Things have occured all over the house. What seems to make it increase is disturbing the attic. Before the investigation we had not made that connection. So far, we have only witnessed the things you mentioned. Thankfully we have not seen anything like an appirition. (sorry if misspelled). I'm not sure what else I have said about the little girl but from what they said she died mysteriously and it was a long, long time ago at age 7. I have wondered whether TAPS will come back for another investigation myself. I think it will depend on ratings to be honest. It's free for us but very costly for the whole crew to come out. They did say they would like to come back but I am not sure given their schedule. We live about an hour from their office and we have made it clear they are very welcome anytime. They did do thermal and IR but I would assume either little or nothing was caught or not significant enough to escape editing. My wife's other son has a camcorder with built in night vision and we are going to borrow it from him and set it up for several nights. That would be so cool if we caught evidence of our own. Well, i better post this now so it will hopefully make sense to your questions before someone posts inbetween.
Thanks, Gerry

gerrymac48

Grip
Real Name
GERRY
Sean,
We do exchange emails and myspace messages. I think that's a great idea. This is a good forum with intelligent discussions. I'll give it a shot.
Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks