What's new

Any non-Americans who like Disney? (1 Viewer)

JoeJ

Agent
If so, who here is annoyed of how Buena Vista Home Entertainment and their distribution pollicies? I'm finding it annoying how I have to import DVDs from North America just in order to get collector aimed DVDs. The UK (and from what I've gathered other countries) has been mistreated by Disney in a number of ways. The Masterpiece Edition of Alice in Wonderland was parred down to 1 Disc Edition, few Treasure Sets have or will be released and Brother Bear was only available in the wrong aspect ratio. Does anyone know just exactly why Disney thinks all Disney fans are kids thus leading them to do this? :angry:

ChrisPearson

Second Unit

The discrepancy is probably down to North America being a bigger market than the UK; more people, therefore more adult Disney collectors. I'm sure that in the UK the family market for Disney product dwarfs the collectors market.

Of course, the fact that, culturally, the UK has a greater tendency than the US to dismiss cartoon animation as kids' entertainment doesn't help.

JoeJ

Agent
The reason that I find it annoying to import is because it's a symbol of how bad things are; I know it'll normally work out cheaper, but having to resort to finding things from other places as things are so poorly made at home seems a bit desperate.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks