What's new

Any news on when The Odd Couple is coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
When I was talking to a customer service rep.at paramount back in april about the andy griffith show season 4 replacement disc.I asked the rep about season 1 of the odd couple.she said she would look into it and call me back.To my absolute shock I actually got a call back from her about 15 minutes later and she told me that their should be an annoucement by the end of august.she also said that annoucement date could change.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Okay, maybe we're getting somewhere. THE ODD COUPLE is another show which got better with ongoing seasons, so I hope Season One doesn't put people off. I still think Season One is very funny and all, but I've heard other fans say they prefer the later seasons.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Season one is different, definitely. It uses pretty much the film set, is shot like a film with multiple camera settups and has a canned laugh track. S2 on are basically "filmed before a studio audience" with a 3 camera settup basically live and the apt. is very different.
I kinda dig the s1 eps. too. The poker buddies, Philip in the building, the pidgeon sisters....

Let's get it out there!
Jack Klugman, god bless you! Stay strong, bro!

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, probably all of those opera arias that Felix was always playing on his stereo (much to Oscar's chagrin).

:)

Count me in for all five seasons if/when Paramount releases it. I thought it was a great show from the beginning to the end of its run - just as funny as any of the other top 1970's sit-com classics (AITF, TMTMS, TBNHS, MASH).

And hopefully, Paramount will release it on a similar schedule to what they're doing with The Andy Griffith Show.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

In all honesty,

I think that is what the hold up is about. At least it appears progress is being made toward the release.

Jack

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I just read that the very obscure BRIDGET LOVES BERNIE is coming out?!??

C'mon, Paramount - let's go with THE ODD COUPLE!!

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
If music is a problem, I don't have a problem with them substituting some other opera aria over the original. Then again, there was Marilyn Horne singing Carmen as a solo, not to be missed. There is also the Paul Williams songs, the Sophisticatos, Monty Hall, Pernell Roberts, not to mention Tony Randall singing some standards from WWI and WWII.

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator
How do you contact Paramount anyways? I have not been able to find a e-mail address, phone number, or anything else for that matter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robin

Or was that Sony that I couldn't find anything on. Anyone have info on either of these companies?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks