Any news on Sopranos season 4?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Justin Bauer, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

I would assume the show is coming out in Sept or Aug on DVD and I was just curious if anyone knows if the season specs have been announced yet?

2. Darko

Darko Stunt Coordinator

I haven't heard any specs yet, but I'm sure I read a while ago that Soprano's S4 is going to be an August release or rumoured Aug. release.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

There is nothing official yet, sorry. I checked just now to be sure I was current. [​IMG]

4. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

Thanks for checking for me. They will probably do what they always do and release it about a month before the 5th season, and it will be the same as all the other sets.

5. Win Joy Jr

Win Joy Jr Stunt Coordinator

Hey Dave -

I have a feeling that the reason there is no update is that a fall launch of Season 5 is not going to happen. Maybe as late as February AFTER "Sex in the City" takes its final bow. Basically, Sunday night scheduling is a real issue right now at HBO. If "The Sopranos" does not make the fall, there is a VERY big hole there. The current rerun schedule was designed to cover if Season 5 was not ready.

6. Matt Naglieri

Matt Naglieri Second Unit

I would imagine there will be a dvd release towards the end of the year. It's been about close to 1 yr between releases for both Sopranos and Sex and the City.

In regards to the new season making it to the fall schedule I think its very possible. They have been filming here in town for quite a while now so I seriously doubt we wouldn't see something soon.

7. Win Joy Jr

Win Joy Jr Stunt Coordinator