What's new

Any News On "Schindler's List" DVD (1 Viewer)

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Any news about a DVD release of "Schindler's List". I remember the first of the year the rumour was that it would be released by the end of the year.
I'd love a 16x9 Anamorphic video with Dolby/DTS 5.1 Sound.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Schindler's List will not be released this year.
And I am glad I tell you, there are enough discs coming out
this year.
The last thing I heard it was coming Q1 2002.
I now have the dts laserdisc of this movie and I hope by the
time the dvd comes it will also feature dts which will be most likely because it's Spielberg.

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
I have to admit, I too am glad it won't be out this year...I've estimated I'll spend about $350 between now and mid October...and many of November and December releases haven't been announced yet, ugh!

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Looks to me like there's been about two spielberg titles a year being released. This year is CE3K and Empire of the Sun (yay!), let's hope next year is Schindler's List and E.T. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Looks to me like there's been about two spielberg titles a year being released
You mean 4. This year just had Goonies, and will later have JP3. Last year it was Jaws, Men In Black, and the 1st two Jurassic Parks.
If they're already planning 2 for next year, then let's hope they can expand to 5 so they can release the BTTF trilogy!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

[Edited last by David Lambert on September 01, 2001 at 04:05 PM]

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Spielberg's been averaging 2 a year with regard to his directed titles (if you lump JP and LW together). With E.T. almost a definite for next year the only other one I can think of his major back catalogue titles is Schindler's List (since A.I. is a new release I don't think it counts in the 2 a year theory).
However I remember reading once he was waiting for a proper time to release Schindler's since it's so dear to his heart.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
I wonder what will become of the 'Indiana Jones' films on DVD? Will they have DD only to please Lucas? Or will they include DTS to appease Speilberg?

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Hmm......I only consider the ones he directed to be "Spielberg" titles......he's produced too many to count! Also, I'd be willing to bet that Indy will have DTS. Spielberg is the director of the films, and the director usually has the greatest power, certainly more than a writer even if it be someone like George Lucas (Spielberg's films have also grossed more at the box office).
-Tom
[Edited last by Tom Ryan on September 01, 2001 at 05:22 PM]

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Just to pick a knit...
Jurassic Park III was not a Steven Spielberg film. It was directed by Joe Johnston. (And it showed.)
Men in Black was directed by Barry Sonnenfeld.
The Goonies was directed by Richard Donner.
Although Steven Spielberg was executive producer on all of these hits, you can't possibly classify them as "Steven Spielberg films" along with the likes of Jaws and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
The bottom line is, we have a lot less "Steven Spielberg films" on DVD than you think.
[Edited last by Jonathan Perregaux on September 01, 2001 at 05:30 PM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Chad, Tom, & Jonathan: I concede the point. ESPECIALLY about JP3! :)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Testing out the new sig
wink.gif
-Tom
------------------
There is nothing wrong with any of the surrounds on your Forrest Gump DVD! It's ok!!!

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Well I don't have enough DVDs to buy, I wish it was coming out this year.
------------------
Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation
http://apacure.org/

[Edited last by Norm on September 01, 2001 at 06:36 PM]

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Nobody is forcing you to buy any of them immediately after they are released.

On the contrary, by giving us the lowest prices only when the DVDs are first released, the retailers basically DO force people to buy when the title they want first comes out, unless they want to lose money.
-Tom
------------------
There is nothing wrong with any of the surrounds on your Forrest Gump DVD! It's ok!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks