What's new

Any news on Outer Limits Season 2 and more of the new series??? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just wondering if their has been any news/rumors regarding a season 2 release of the original and season sets of the new series?

I'm looking forward to season 2, I imported season 1 from America for £29.99, and that's about 27 hours worth of classic sci-fi, pretty good price I thought :) I'm not very interested in the new series of the Outer Limitd though, I didn't like it much.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
My guess is August 03 when they release the next batch of Midnite movies.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
When I posted about this in Studio Feedback, one respondent made a good point: Note that the box for the first season features the words "Volume One." Where there's a Volume One surely a Volume Two must be in the offing.

Well yes it confirms that a volume 2 is planned, but if sales were poor they may not go through with it. I honestly have no lcue how well it sold, but I think volume 2 is quite likely.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Relax, guys. Didn't MGM take a year (or more) to release Stargate SG-1 season 2 after season 1's release? They may take a similar length of time to release TOL S2. That would put the release somewhere in Q3 '03, I believe. i also am awaiting S2's release and expect it to be released, just not so soon.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Where there's a Volume One surely a Volume Two must be in the offing.
One would think so. But when I interviewed an MGM exec on the occasion of the first release, she absolutely refused to say whether a second volume would come out. When I pointed out that the "Volume 1" label indicated that at least one more would be coming, she simply reiterated that comment.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I thoroughly enjoyed some episodes of the new outer limits, I would love to see some news myself.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I think I remember reading somewhere (Video Watchdog? I dunno) that MGM was pleasantly surprised by the sales on this and thus a volume 2 is very likely. No idea when, though. I'd rather they take the time to do it right. I still haven't made it all the way through box 1 in any event. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It could be argued that Volume One wasn't "done right," though. Despite the soft picture and dreadful sound, however, this is one of the most-cherished sets in my library. What a joy to see some of these episodes again after far too long a time (a few I haven't seen since the '60s).

And to think: The very best Outer Limits episode of them all, the Harlan Ellison-scripted "Demon with a Glass Hand," would be in a second volume. MGM needs to release the entire series.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
After reading the great news of the August MGM horror releases on another thread, i thought i would inquire of any further information of THE OUTER LIMITS (older show)....most of releases already listed are a definite purchase...and the final season of LIMITS would be extra candy in the treat bag...
thanks MGM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks