What's new

Any News On Married With Children S4 or The Theme Song Issue? (1 Viewer)

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
Simply enough, does anyone know anything about Sony releasing other Married... With Children sets and when? I dont know why these sets take so long. They add absolutely no special features (which would be nice).
Also- the theme song- will that remain as is or will 'Ol blue eyes be gracing by living room once again?

Chad

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
This is amazing, I was about to post the same thing last night! But there's been no word since the announcement of Season Three, in November.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I have a feeling that the "new" theme song will be here to stay, asssuming more season sets will follow. It was an extremely long wait between seasons 2 & 3, and I too hope we don't have to wait as long for season 4. I also can't help but wonder if the changed theme caused a loss in sales for Sony. I know we were forewarned in advance about the theme change, and therefore we gradually accepted it, even before season 3 was released. But what about your average Joe who doesn't know the story behind the change, and who may just as well have passed up the set because of the theme? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope S3 sold well enough to warrant a fourth season.

MWC remains one of my all-time favorite shows. In the early 90's, I had dozens of VHS tapes filled with episodes. So you can imagine how badly I want to own the entire series on DVD. I have a feeling though that we'll be waiting awhile before an announcement is made (IF one is made). Sony has to have the most unorthodox release schedule. Hell, it took 2 years to release a 3rd season of "The Jeffersons". Case in point.

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
I bet the shows sold well. 99% of the people dont care about the theme song but just want the episodes. I think the die hard DVD collectors might be the ones to not buyonly because they want perfection. Thats why I am just now deciding about Beavis & Butthead and finding "alternative ways" to get the dvds. I dont want the regular versions available because the videos arent available.

Chad

I sure HOPE that they keep releasing them. It started getting REALLY good after season 3

John McM

Second Unit
give it some time, season 3 just came out in Jan, there's a lot of Sony shows from last year that haven't had more said about, Barney Miller, Charlie's Angels, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's The Boss and 227 come to mind.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why people seem so alarmed that because of the whole theme song situation, Sony might discontine releasing subsequent sets of MWC. If the latest set sold well enough for them, there is no reason to think that the next set won't be released. As far as new theme music being used due to low sales of other sets, it has been pretty well documented here (from people with inside sources) that it was the publishers of "Love and Marriage" that were being unreasonable in the whole deal. We might never hear the original theme song on a season set again, but like I said, unless sales were bad, we probably should expect further seasons.

I would say that is also doubtful. J6P by principle is rather undiscriminating with such matter as this (except when it comes to dem black bar thingies). They probably would not have noticed until after they bought the set and put it into their player.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Anybody remember the time MTV had a behind the scenes look at the show? I have this episode on an old tape somewhere, but I forget what season it was during... I Recall the episode they covered where Al takes his vacation on the couch IIRC. That would be a cool extra I think.

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
That would be a cool extra. I remember that but also forgetthe season. I just think its kinda silly that they put the whole reunion special on season 1 and the extras on the following sets were just easter eggs OF that special. Some commentary from the cast would be cool. The forementioned MTV Special, even bloopers. With Ed O' Neil around- we know quite well that bloopers were abound!

Who's with me for agreeing that the show REALLY picked up when Jefferson came into the picture as well as No Ma'am and Griff. My alltime favorite episode is the 2-part one with the grocery contest (which is on the most outrageous episodes part 1). I wasnt expecting season 4 to be released until summer and season 5 in winter. That would make sense. If they dont get released soon, it wont be until 2012 when they are all released! lol. Im agine what year the Simpsons will all be out!

Chad

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

You can say that again!!
I'm hoping that Sony hasn't given up on Charlie's Angels, Who's The Boss & MWC.
I think that it would be ridiculous for someone not to purchace MWC just because the original theme song was replaced..so what..who cares?
If you like the song that much, buy the CD. It's not like it's a music issue where the tunes make up part of the atmosphere of a scene (like Miami Vice or WKRP)
If we as consumers don't purchase future seasons of MWC just because the theme song was replaced. We are only shooting ourselves in the foot, and we will be stuck watching our 15 yr old vcr tapes!!
Just my .02cents!!
:D

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
I would never buy this series (any episode is the same as any other) but I would not buy any show with something as major as the theme song missing. If I want some edited junk, I can just record it off TV. I don't understand how anyone can justify a major screwup like this with a comment like "buy the CD."

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
Ots not a major screwup that the theme is missing- its simply corporate american greed.

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks