What's new

Any news on Friday the 13th tv series? (1 Viewer)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I'd love to have this show. I will never forget that episode where there was a killer who garroted his victims with barbed wire. I think it was a Nazi who had come back or something. When I was a kid, I used to watch this series right after the great "Kung Fu Theater"! I believe they also had a War of the Worlds tv series that came on right after Friday the 13th. I'm really wanting to get these '80s shows. I'd pick up Friday the 13th, War of the Worlds and Werewolf as soon as they were released. Here's hoping.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
This was a really cool show that deserves to be on DVD. They show it on Scream here in Canada and luckily I taped a few before our 30 day preview ended. Hope it comes soon.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
Bumping up this old thread.

Still waiting for any news on Ft13th series being released to DVD.

Looks like Chillertv is finished airing it's eps..

Hopefully we'll see a release to tie in with the remake of the feature film that's being released in 2009.

Friday the 13th (2009)

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Except for the fact that the movie and the TV series have absolutely nothing in common other than their title... Still, it would be nice to see it released.

And while they're at it, perhaps they can inspire New Line/Warner (or whoever owns the rights these days) to release "Freddy's Nightmares." Perhaps as a tie-in to the inevitable Nightmare on Elm St. remake...

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The title is all you need for a marketing tie-in. Basically the DVD would be piggy-backing onto the publicity and name-recognition generated by the film's advertising campaign. Hell, totally unrelated productions do this all the time - or didn't you notice the spate of documentaries and old, repackaged theatrical films connected to the Titanic sinking that came out on DVD around the time the James Cameron films was released on disc?

Anyway, regarding Friday the 13th: the Series I have only two words to say: Louise Robey! :D

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. Another good example would be Poltergeist: The Legacy (of which we need to see more season releases of btw). The series had absolutely nothing to do with the feature films but was a good marketing ploy (title wise) in order to get viewers to tune in. Which they did.

I also agree with the point (s) made about Robey! ;)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I grew up watching this fun horror series (despite its low-budget Canadian look) and still appreciate today. Even acclaimed Canadian filmmakers David Cronenberg and Atom Egoyan directed an episode each! Hopefully Paramount will make an official announcement soon.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nothing more than a guess but I bet that S1 will come in September (since they generally seem to release anything horror related in September or October) and, assuming it sells, then S2 will come out when the remake hits theaters in February (for cross promotion) and then maybe S3 will come out when the remake goes to video.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
That explains the sudden surge in battery sales Sears experienced when Die Hard came out. :laugh:

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
This is one of my most-wanted TV titles, so I'm happy about this. I'm just wondering, though, if Paramount is going to try anything to let the non-initiated understand that this series does not feature the adventures of Jason, and is not a stalk-and-slash show?

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Yes! Definitely have been waiting for this one. And second here for more Poltergeist the Legacy. Been waiting a long time for both.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I don't know why anything beyond a description of the show on the back of the box would be necessary.

That, and maybe this:

;)

Regards,

Joe

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator

Ed Payne

Agent
Finally!!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

I know we probably won't get many extras (if any), but I'm thankful to finally have my favorite show on its way to DVD. I'm a bit concerned that it's a 3 disc set (according to Amazon) but there were 26 hour long episodes. That's a lot to fit on 3 discs. Whatever... September 23 can't get here soon enough.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks