What's new

Any news on Batman: Dark Tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

Frederick

Second Unit
I'm a huge Batman fan, and I've been waiting to hear any reviews on the new game that's coming out, and hoping that this one will be better than the others. Any info? With Zelda coming out next week and the new Game Boy, I need to figure out if I need to scrape up $50 more from somewhere ...

Freddy C.

James T

Screenwriter
I was going to pick it up today since I thought the release date was today, but it's tomorrow. So instead I picked up WSB 2k3. I'm a huge Batman fan as well, but I heard from someone who did a beta test that it's not so good. I guess I'll have to wait for the full reviews to pop up online

Frederick

Second Unit
Yeah, it would appear to be so. I stopped by Gamestop and they didn't have any. I hope it's good. The last Batman game I played on the PS2 wasn't bad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad ...

Freddy C.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
The game is absolutely horrid. Incredibly disappointing. I'm a huge Batman fan and have been anticipating this one for quite some time.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this game may be worse than the N64 Superman game, if anyone remembers that one.

Think of everything that could go wrong. All of it did.

Some of the problems:
Horrible character animation
Horrible control
Some of the worst camera angles ever. One of the first things you do is swing across some rooftops. Marvel as the camera angle jarringly does a 180 mid-swing and back again before you land
Incredibly bad combat
Frequent load times

On a good note, it does support progressive scan on the XBOX. It doesn't appear to be widescreen, though.

The cut scenes are average, but much better than the actual game. If there were only some way to skip through the game and just check out whatever story there is...

Frederick

Second Unit
Ouch. Well, at least I know all the money I have to drop next week is for Zelda and the new Game Boy SP. When will SOMEBODY make a good Batman game?!?! Thanx for the heads-up ...

Freddy C.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
I've read a couple of gamer reviews over at videogamereview.com and the reviews are brutal. Just like Brandon has stated, the game appears to be absolutely horrid. This was a title that's lingered in development hell for a while, and shows that even a lot of extra time taken on a game won't take a sow's ear and turn it into a silk purse.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks