Any News on Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 5?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by TPWard, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    For those looking to pick up Season 5 of Alfred Hitchcock presents locally seems Best Buy isn't stocking it that I am aware of possibly Barnes & Noble, but I picked up my copy today at TARGET priced at $34.99 I know higher than amazon, but I am picky about my cardboard style cases so I didn't mind.

I know sales have probably slumped on the show since it takes a long while for each season to be released... but we only have 2 Seasons left correct?

2. Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff Cinematographer

Joe
    Yes and no. "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour" was really a continuation of the show (it's really no different than "Gunsmoke" going from a half hour to an hour in its seventh season.) So there are really five seasons to go.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I don't hold much hope for Universal ever releasing the Hour episodes since each set would require 8 discs. For folks with the Encore Suspense channel, The AH Hour is currently running on there (they're into the third season already but it appears that they're going to go back through the series again) so that might be a good place to get copies in case Universal doesn't release them.

4. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    I'm picky about my cardboard cases too, but I've always done well with these coming from Amazon (knock wood) so I've got it coming from them. And I didn't want to sit on this one. Not only did I want it right away, I wanted to show immediate support for its release.

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Same here. Everyone loves a deal but Universal isn't placing as much weight on sales that happen 6 months from now as they are on sales that occur in the first week.

6. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    For all those with region-free players, Hour is available in Germany featuring English audio and digitally remastered from Koch. I don't have this release myself by the way, so I can't comment on the quality.

7. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

I'm perfectly happy recording the uncut hours from Encore. Too bad that they now have a bug on the screen throughout and also when they put their promo on the bottom of the screen during the credits, they stopped squeezing it back thru the DVE and now they just matte it over the bottom 3rd of the picture, sometimes blocking names on the credits. That being said, I'll take them this way and if I'm still alive when Universal gets around to an official release of the hours, I'll worry about it then.

8. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

^ The biggest problem for me is that Encore doesn't run episode 19 (To Catch A Butterfly) for some reason.

9. Flashgear

Flashgear Second Unit

Randall

10. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Fans of "Dr. Kildare" should get a kick seeing Raymond Massey and Richard Chamberlain as father and son in the episode "Road Hog".

11. TPWard

TPWard Auditioning

Tom Ward
    I got my copy of Season 5 in the mail Friday-I am hunkering down for a marathon! Really hoping they will release the remaining half hour seasons without making us wait 2 years! Enjoying the hour shows on Encore but would definitely purchase the hour sets too(are you listening Universal?):P