What's new

Any news about 1950's Superman ? (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I haven't heard any news about Season 1 of George Reeves'
"Adventures of Superman " At one point it was rumored to be released day and date with Season 1 of "Lois and Clark The New Adventures of Superman" That show is being released in June . Anybody know anything about the 1950's show ?

JeffT.

Screenwriter

That is precisely what I've been wondering about myself!

At this late date I don't even remember why we think that it will be released sometime this year in the first place as no official (online) word has been issued from Warner Brothers Home Entertainment that I'm aware of.

I tried to get on that recent discussion forum with Warner Brothers representatives to specifically ask this (nagging) question but unfortunately didn't make it and nobody else brought the matter up to the reps in the questions-and-answers session either which is certainly frustrating for those of us who're anxiously anticipating just such a DVD release to be sure.

Everything said so far pertaining to an impending (?) presumably complete first season collection has been (mere) speculation nothing more and you'd think that at least one of the Warners Brothers representatives would have (directly) addressed the (current) status of this highly anticipated tv premium. But no such luck!

I mean if THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN were coming out this June 07th, 2005 as has been suggested along with the 1996 tv series LOIS AND CLARK: THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN we'd have heard something (definite) about it by now...right?

All I can add is that there's nothing like keeping people in (agonizing) suspense till the last possible moment on this!

An extensive discussion on this very topic has already been initialized and sustained under the topic heading "George Reeves' Superman on DVD."

George Reeves' Superman on DVD.

Jeff T.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm thinking this well be delayed to coincide with the new Superman movie. I'll buy it as soon as it goes on sale though!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Warner Bros. says it's in the works, but they seem to have a lot of work to do in terms of restoration. This is one of the oldest TV shows in their library (the oldest, perhaps?), so it wouldn't be a big surprise if the color seasons need a huge amount of restoration needed.

TV Land aired a day-long marathon of this a while ago and I really enjoyed the show. Along with the releasing of the handful of Superman serials owned by Warner, as well as the Fleischer Studios/Famous Studios Technicolor cartoons (which they own, too), I'd love to see their Superman stuff released.

More on the cartoons... they actually own the cartoons, despite them being in the public domain. UCLA's Film & Television Archive holds the original 3-strip Technicolor negatives from which Warner Bros. can produce brand new prints from (a la the splendid Looney Tunes restorations).

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela

Gosh I hope not, that's a whole 'nother year away :eek:

I had read Warner was going to clean up the episodes, so maybe that's taking alot of time, cause I was watching the Adventures of Superman the other day on American Life TV Network and the picture quality is really bad, alot of lines, and things, and that's with digital cable too, so they've got alot to do to clean up the episodes

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks