Any More Love Boat?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Stephen Wight, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight Second Unit

Stephen
    I would have thought we'd have news on the next Love Boat release by now. We got news of last January's release in the first week of October. It's now the third week of October and nothing. Don't tell me this has been abandoned.

2. LeoA

LeoA Screenwriter

Leo
    I don't see any real patterns when it comes to announcements for releases of this series, not sure it's worth getting alarmed about just yet.

It's only been less than a half year (about 5 months) since the last release was announced and two months since it hit store shelfs.

It seems to average about 6 months between announcements, with 7 months between the last two release announcements. So I suspect you'll be hearing something in October-December timeframe about a release due in late winter if it isn't stalled.

Season 1 Volume 1 - November 14 2007
    Season 1 Volume 2 - April 28, 2008
    Season 2 Volume 1 - October 6, 2008
    Season 2 Volume 2 - May 5, 2009

3. Corey3rd

Corey3rd Screenwriter

has CBS announced anything after Taxi S 5 on Dec 22?

4. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Screenwriter

Willard
    I want more Mod Squad.

5. Robert13

Robert13 Supporting Actor

Robert
    Still waiting on "Laverne & Shirley: The Fifth Season" and "The Lucy Show: The Official Second Season". Would love to see more "Love Boat" too. I'm waiting for Season 5 for "She Brought Her Mother Along" episode but that seems like ions away.

6. Stephen Wight

Stephen
    I have a feeling this has been abandoned.

7. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    Abandoned ship? :)

8. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Don't let CBS/Paramount sink the Love Boat! I swear, they are getting slower and slower with their releases. Dynasty is coming out slower than molasses. They're just not pumping out the classic dvds anymore. And I'm starting to get worried with ALL their titles. Where the hell is Family Ties? Are we getting much more Gunsmoke? I want it all--why are they so slow...

9. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    how about fantasy island?

10. carrington

carrington Auditioning

I would like to see season 3 of the love boat also

11. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

And let's not forget the last season of Mork & Mindy; I know a lot of people hate that season but you've got to admit Johnathan Winters was pretty damn funny playing a 60 year old baby lol

12. lj01

lj01 Agent

Lyle
    It seems so, but does anyone know for sure if this has been abandoned?

13. Stephen Wight

Stephen
    With Paramount releasing a lot of shows that never sold well, I wonder if they'll put out season 3. With volumes 1 & 2 released on the same day,like they've been doing with other shows.

14. Jack P

Jack P Producer

This is now the ONLY title CBS/Paramount has remastered more seasons of yet not released more of on DVD. There are five unreleased seasons (3-7) already in HD transfers and which would be ready to go.

15. vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001 Supporting Actor

That season is still not on DVD due to Robin Williams singing a line from The Beatles' "Hey Jude" in one episode.

16. derosa

derosa Supporting Actor

Grant
    My fingers are crossed for another release, there is no other show i want more than Love Boat!
    I only recently realized that Charlie's Angels season 4 has a two part Love Boat crossover that aired Sept 12, 79
    just before the Season 3 Love Boat season premiere on Sept 15.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Charlie%27s_Angels_episodes#Season_Four_.281979.E2.80.931980.29

17. lj01

lj01 Agent

Lyle
    This has me curious as well. In general, the CBS syndication bible is a pretty good indicator. I admit I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I can't imagine any reason they would remaster this show in HD if they don't have plans to release it.

18. derosa

derosa Supporting Actor

Grant
    Could be for download or syndication on tv? No bets on a DVD just yet for me.
    I'm pretty sure it's been listed in the CBS bible for a few years now,
    but i'll be first in line to buy it.

19. lj01

lj01 Agent

Lyle
    I do know that this has been in syndication in Australia for about the last 16 months or so, but not sure if that's the reason for the HD transfers, I guess it could be.
    However, in reading much into it, it's noticeable on the CBS bible that shows for which there are obviously no plans of future DVDs (Happy Days) which are also in syndication have no HD transfers (Happy Days has only S1-4 transferred which coincidentally is the same as what's been released on DVD and it's been well-chronicled that there is NO plan for any future release of that show).
    As well, various shows have been in HD long before a revival on DVD, such as Laverne & Shirley - I can't tell for sure, but it was at least 2009 when those were transferred and not until April 2012 before S5 came out on DVD.
    I guess it would be nice if there was some transparency in the process but I guess we can conclude that sales weren't that great or DVDs would have continued in 2009.

20. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    Thinking about getting at least the first season of The Love Boat on DVD. It was released on Region 2 in the UK, with both half volumes released together in one set. But strangely (for a CBS/P release), it's gone out of print. Kicking myself for not getting it at the time it was released (a bargain for around £17-£18). Remember seeing this on ITV on Saturday afternoons in the late 80's/early 90's. The season after James MacArthur left Hawaii Five-O (the 1979-80 season), he guest starred in an episode, and would appear again in three further episodes (playing different characters).