What's new

Any major changes to main page code in the past 1-2 week? (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
It seems that for about two weeks the "http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/index.php" page is instantly killing the Mozilla based Chimera browser for OS X. I haven't had any problems for several months prior and I don't have any problems at AVS or other bulletin board sites currently. Has anything changed recently that might be the source? Otherwise, I'll assume it's a bug in the recent builds.

Thanks.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Joseph:

Nothing has been added lately. I test the board with Netscape, which is Mozilla based, and it works just fine.

I am not sure what would be going on.

Parker

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Must be on their end. This is the first time I ever had the "Talkback" feature show up. I'll keep sending them the bug reports daily. Hopefully, they'll clear up the issue soon. It is repeatable on each instance, but doesn't occur in the older Mozilla 1.2a I have installed.
I don't think "Unix Exception" is much of a help in HTML/JAVA debugging at your end. ;)
Thanks.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Joe:

Again I am not sure. The Mac software for some reason has given us problems over the years. The software will be running fine except for those members that use IE and sometimes Netscape on vBulletin. Then once they upgrade to a newer version of the OS then problems resolve.

Hopefully they will let you know what they think might be going on. If it is something on our end I want to know what they say so I can fix it.

Thanks,
Parker

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I think someone gave me a bad cookie.

After deleting the cookie it seems to work again. I thought that might have been the issue when I noticed it keep loading up until a set point. It would load until it normally asks, "Do you want to allow "blah,blah" access to your keychain."

Essentially, it wanted my username and pass to log the cookie. Perhaps keychain gave the info to chimera, chimera tried to add the info and failed to do so as it became confused reading the corrupt old cookie data. No matter what happened, it's working fine now. Even after the 10.2.2 update tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks