Any Larisa Stow DVD-A fans?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Wes, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I have not heard Larisa's music but from reviewers it sounds as if I might like her but you might help me for sure before I order the disc.

Other artists I like are Alison Krauss, Amiee Mann and Pat Benatar, what I can tell by reading Larisa is a combo of these to a degree, would you agree?

Wes

2. Brian Glaeske

Brian Glaeske Stunt Coordinator

I would pretty much agree with the characterization of Larisa's music. I really like the DTS CD.

Knock yourself out and go buy it.

3. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Thanks for the reply, Is there a DTS CD and a DVD-A disc or are the all on the same disc?

Wes

4. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

I only heard one of Larisa's songs on a DTS Entertainment dvd-audio sampler disc, but she sounds sort of country-ish but with rock elements thrown in (and I DON'T mean the processed pop/country crap that corporate radio plays). She has a powerful, distinctive voice but what I liked best was the lyrics--kind of quirky, almost like she was talking to the listener. That one song reminds me of Emmy Lou Harris' album Wrecking Ball.

Larisa Stow's Moment By Moment on dvd-audio

If I was able to right now, this is one disc I would take a chance on buying just based on that one song I heard.

LJ