Any Joe Bonamassa Fans ?

Discussion in 'Music' started by John_Graz, Jun 8, 2007.

1. John_Graz

John_Graz Stunt Coordinator

I am a diehard Blues / Blues Rock / Teaxas Blues fan.
    I really enjoy:

SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughan), Los Lonely Boys, Robin Trower, Chris Durate, Corey Stevens, to name a few.

While watching a cable show a month or so ago I saw a BB King show with a young kid named Joe Bonamassa. I was quite impressed with his mature attitude and style technique but never heard any songs by him. So I decided to find him on my Zune Marketplace and listened to his samples and I really liked his diverse sound of SRV, Hendrix, BB King, Robin Trower, Jimmy Paige all mixed together. And his singing is fitting to his sound too.
    I downloaded all his albums and can't stop listening to him on my Zune playlists.

He does excellent covers of 2 of my classic rock favorite groups "A New Day Yesterday" (Jethro Tull) and "Had To Cry Today" (Traffic - actually Blind Faith) on his albums of the same name.

If you enjoy the same taste as I do you will not be disappointed.[​IMG][​IMG]

His website http://www.jbonamassa.com/index2.htm has Bonamassa TV with guitar tips and gear info.

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Great post John and great web site. As a gear freak, I thought the video was very cool.

I had heard a few tracks by Joe on XM, but for whatever reason, never tracked anything down....maybe its time.

Brian

3. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Supporting Actor

I found one of his "So It's Like That..." cds in this huge bin of cds at WalMart for a dollar. I had heard of him, so I took a chance. It's a good cd. I'd like to get more of his stuff. I was disappointed to find out that the cd came with a live dvd in the retail versions. I was bummed, but I did get a great new cd for a dollar, so I can't complain.

4. John_Graz

John_Graz Stunt Coordinator

Joe has a new concert video on his website[​IMG]

5. John Pine

John Pine Supporting Actor

If you like Bonamassa, you must get "Blues Deluxe"! It's one of his best and my favorite. Also, his concert DVD "New Day Yesterday Live" is outstanding. Enjoy!