Directors Any Ideas on what home theater gear Bill Gates has?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Keir H, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Just for fun....I do wonder though with all that $$ what I would buy. I guess he could have a commercial theater built for himself!

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i doubt he has "home" equipment at all. he probably has some normal stuff in his bedroom or home office, but all his theater equipment is likely commercial equipment.

CJ

3. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor

I have a friend who has helped maintained Bill's home theater, and according to him what Bill has is more of a "theater in his home" than a "home theater" (i.e Film). Apparently he pays to have somebody come over and run his theater whenever he wants to watch a movie. I assume that he also has a couple of DVD setups, but I don't know anything about them.

4. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Wouldn't it be funny if it were to be discovered he had a 27" TV with the brightness cranked up, an HTIB sound system, and a collection of P&S discs? [​IMG]

5. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    using a PS2 as a dvd player!

CJ

6. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

and a couple of game chairs

7. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

And he eats microwave popcorn!

And he actually triple-dipped on American Pie! [​IMG]

8. James Buhler

James Buhler Stunt Coordinator

Actually, he is using the PS2 because his Mad Katz Xbox DVD remote is broken! [​IMG]

9. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

I acctually heard several times that his house sits on some kind of rotational device, and he can change the direction of the house to follow the sun, or something to that effect. I wonder if its possible, let alone true. I would fine it extremely interesting to see his house on a show like Cribs, to see what he's really got. I mean, Ive seen what Shaq's got. Bill Gates could top him no problem, its like Chris Rock says "Shaq is rich. The person who signs his check is wealthy." or something like that.

10. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Every time I look at him I see Bose

11. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

His house is actually built in the side of a cliff. A couple years ago I read his book. He describes an environment filled with huge plasmas that continuously show famous art. He has lapel pins that control the lighting/mood of each room based on your own personal tastes. He is most likely running a full-house system using his Windows Media Center as the hub...

12. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Zen, you took the words right outta my mouth...lol I though the same thing after I started this thread [​IMG] I feel he's got a LS 35 system setup somewhere..maybe in his home office? I guess for his budget, who cares what BOSE cost/value.

13. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I remember a few years back Mr. Gates was on Oprah and seemed like a great guy. He was telling about how he has great new ideas, and one of the things he currently has is he can say something like "Put on Fox" and it will automatically go to Fox. He also said his kids are able to do it as well... He seemed incredibly personable and said how he hopes that every household will be able to afford the system in a few years. That being said, what if Bill Gates had to call tech support?

Ryan