What's new

Any idea if "DALLAS" will come to DVD? (1 Viewer)

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
These play on Soapnet repeated, cycle after cycle. That fact and 30 eps a season for up 14 year like KL are two huge downfalls. Dont get wrong I love these shows, just finishing my second run of KL that is just about ending on Soap net. Dynasty is pure furilous but still entertaining. Dallas just started in Sept and end with Who shot JR special this Friday. Falcon Crest they no longer play currently it had few years of running though. I miss it, well first 5 season that is. Especially Jane Wyman as Angel Channing in Falcon Crest, now that was villain you could love to hate :) I hear Jane is still alive as well :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Bulletin Via TVShowsOnDVD.com..............
>> "Warner Bros. Home Video has plans to release the first season of Dallas on DVD before the end of 2004.
Many visitors to UltimateDallas.com have read the news that region 2 will see the first season released on DVD in August/September, 2004. Warner Bros has not set a U.S. release date for the set, but it will be released before the end of the year, possibly even before the region 2 DVD release."

:emoji_thumbsup: :) :D :emoji_thumbsup:
Cool "Dallas" site :) ----> www.ultimatedallas.com

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I just thought .........
Surely this coming "Dallas -- Season 1" will be *more* than just the 5 episodes that aired during the 1977-1978 season (all in April 1978).
I wonder if it'll end up being a "Season 1 & 2" DVD release. ???
Interestingly, the fan website @ www.ultimatedallas.com shows in their Episode Guide that "Season 1" consists of eps. 6 thru 29, but NOT episodes 1 thru 5. They list the 1978 eps. (#1-#5) under "Mini Series". I'd guess we'll see Episodes 1 thru 29 in the "Season 1" release.
Perhaps David Lambert can confirm this for us.

R. Kay

Second Unit
All that country music is gonna be costly to clear!
Oops .. all those 10 gallon hats confused me for a second.
;)

ChadP2k

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised they didn't go with select "best of" releases for this series. maybe the mini series... then the "who shot jr" group.

At 356 listed episodes (according to UltimateDallas) this would be a MAMMOTH set to complete... let alone costing a small fortune

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
As much as I liked and watched Dallas when it first aired, the show I really want to see again is Dynasty! Maybe Dallas' impending release means other 80's nighttime soap operas have a chance.

John KB

Second Unit
I think a best of would be a horrible idea since the show has ongoing story lines. Nothing would make sense, especially to new comers, which I'm sure there would be.

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I wouldn't buy a best of either. I'd just record some of them off TV.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Sweet, I am 27, didn't watch it growing up, but have seen every episode at least twice. Cant wait to see Many Winger, played by Deborah Shelton on my XBR. I will pick this up for sure. This is my second most wanted set. Now dammit, just get me MAGNUM P.I.
:emoji_thumbsup: Brandon

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I hope Knot's Landing isnt far behind.
I'd buy Dynasty too up till the Moldavia masacre. After that's it's pretty unwatchable.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dynasty jumped the shark at Moldavia, that's for sure.

Good point about Kung Fu. Hmmmm....I REALLY hope Dallas comes out OAR.

John KB

Second Unit
What's all this talk about Dynasty on as Dallas forum!!!? As far as I'm concerned Dynasty was an enemy of Dallas.
Growing up, Dynasty was in competition with Dallas so I refused to watch it!
Yah I know, I'm nuts! I was the same way with Jeannie! I never watched Bewitched. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Back when these shows first aired, it was all about the "ratings war" between shows that appealed to the same audience.
This many years later, it's actually okay to talk about them in the same breath. It's nostalgia, baby! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks