What's new

Any HTFer's getting Ghost Recon: Island Thunder? (1 Viewer)

James D S

Screenwriter
No really, I do have it! I just wish a better system existed so that I know when you guys are playing and I know when to shutdown Galaxies...

Hopefully I can get on this weekend - after finals. Woohoo!

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Still playing guys.. hope some of you who are finishing up with KOTOR will sign on and get some good old Ghost Recon action going again! Some of us are playing every night together, but it would be even better if we could get a large group of regulars going.

Howie A

Second Unit
I am going to pick up a copy at Kmart right now.
It was a offer I could not refuse.
Ill see you all on soon.
Go easy on me.. :)

JayV

Supporting Actor
We've got a pretty good regular group going now. I was SO sick of GR, and combined with the heavy MSRP, I didn't have any urge to pick this up.

Boy, am I glad I did. The new kits, maps and people playing the game here have really freshened up this title. And as Jason points out, the $30 sale price at KMart is pretty compelling. I'll also add that Costco sells it online at a discounted price (IIRC, $33).

-j

Howie A

Second Unit
Man... I was trying to join all night and it kept saying that the server was full. That was such a buzz kill.
But I was pumped that I finally found it. It was sold out at my local Kmart so I took the ad to best buy and that was also sold out. I made it in just the nick of time to Toys R us (before closing) and they thankfuly honored the price match.
See you all soon.

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
I believe we actually were full most of the night, but when it's a private match it will show as joinable, but if you try to join without an invite it will tell you it's full.

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
I tried joining and was given the 'server is full" response as well. How does one contact the host to get the secret password? :)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Armando,

There is no secret password! :)

The best way to get into the private matches is to start your own private match, then send an invite to whoever you think is hosting, they will see that you are online and decline your invite, but send you an invite to their game... voila!

The key is to get on the friend's list for those players that are active... we all tend to check our friend's list quite often and see if anyone else is on who we can invite.

Speaking of getting on friend's lists... what is your gamertag so I can add you?

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Jason,

My gamertag is "the gnat". Anyone else who would like to add me to their friends list, please do so. PM me or reply to the thread so that I can add you to my list as well if you don't mind. I would love to get in on some mature GRIT action. I've joined too many games that the folks think that the objective is to spawn kill. Ironically, I got booted from a game because I was just playing the game, IMO, "fairly". The team that we were up against just buckled down in their respawn area.... So, I work my way around the map find them and take them out. So happens they respawn in front of me. I don't shoot right away to give them a chance to get away. What do they do...they go prone and start shooting at me. What was I supposed to do...I wasn't going to be their bullet sponge so I fire back and take them out again. They respawn and the whole thing happens again. Next time, I'm ready to get up and just run out of the area so that they can disperse without feeling threaten and the host boots me. Oh well...that's what I get for being a nice guy.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Armando,

Turns out I added you last week... just didn't recognize your "real" name.

As far as playing with the general public, that is why I spent so much time here hyping this game. The game really is awesome, but it doesn't live up to it's true potential until you play it with friends. In the past 10 days or so, I think I have played every day with several friends, and many times with 12 friends, all HTF members. It makes the game so much better!

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Thanks for the invite last night, HTF. That was pretty funny in retrospect, when you asked, "stillfastasleep, you all right?" Couldn't figure out how to respawn, fact is, I thought dead was dead. Oh, well, got in some kills the last match. Man, those enemies have some nice hiding spots. And brother, can you die quick in this game, one head shot is all it takes. Just checked the instruction manual, you need to click the white button to talk in game, no wonder you thought I didn't have my headset plugged in.

I also had problems locating the bloody friends list in the menu, why the hell is it located in online options. Anyhoo, I'll try to bone up my skills so I can be of actual use to my squad next time around.

Graphics aren't much in this game. Can't wait for Splinter Cell style graphics with Rainbow Six 3. I'm definitely picking that one up along with CounterStrike.

Howie A

Second Unit
Yeah Jason last night was cool. I am always into some last minute late night as* kicking. SWEET. Thanks for the invite.

ChrisV

Second Unit
I just got this as well as Live, so I'll be looking for people to play with.

Gamertag: StalkerX

See you guys online!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks