What's new

Any HTF'ers at the DARK KNIGHT BD Live Event tonight? (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I asked at least 30 questions and the only thing that got through was a "thanks Chris" at the very end. Oh well ...

An interesting event, but far too many stupid and redundant questions. I was looking forward to a more intelligent discussion and I gladly would've settled for FAR less questions if it meant more depth.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Annoying how many questions asked (and answered) were already answered on the actual Blu-ray itself (i.e., "Was the hospital explosion real or CGI?")!!!!. I mean, these folks actually went through the trouble of buying the Blu-ray, signing up for the event and logging in, but never even bothered to check out the features on the Blu-ray itself???

Cool that one of my questions was answered, though
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Vincent

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon

Yeah, the redundant questions were annoying, although every now and then, Nolan's reply gave some new insight thankfully.

Which was your question? I look forward to the transcript.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
The one that was answered was me asking if the actors were intimidated or excited to be photographed by the high-resolution IMAX cameras. I asked a bunch more, but that's the one that got answered, although variations on a few of my questions were asked by other participants and got answered.

Vincent

EricW

Senior HTF Member

i'm in Toronto and i got on fine with a clean registration, no lying about zipcodes or ip addresses or anything. don't know what the big deal was... maybe it was Canadians having trouble registering to BD-Live before release date? i registered on the release date.

it seems like half the questions were "who came up with the idea of -----"? i stopped watching pretty early, and came back to it occasionally. hopefully future celebrity sessions will be better.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Agree w/ most that it was quite underwhelming overall -- both for the chat implementation/presentation itself and the questions that got through. I was on for maybe 1/2 hour or so and then gave up on it and rewatched the film from beginning instead. Figured there will be a transcript anyway, if I want to check that out later.

RE: an HTF screening, I might give that a try, if one gets set up, though I'd hope for a better presentation of any chat involved. :D

_Man_

Xylon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex L
I can't log in. It keeps kicking me out. I know my internet connection are fine. Oh well next time.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

Damn, they must have known that you are the Xylon with the screencaps :laugh:

Looking forward to a transscript, I hope there were a few questions with regard to the quality of the Blu-Ray that were also answered. It would also have been great if somebody could have asked Nolan to shoot all non-Imax parts of the next installment of the series in standard 70mm - then they could do without the so-called Imax-"enhancements" for that one.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
If Warner would take suggestions on how to make this work, here is what I would offer.

First, it should be audio at least. Might not work (need some filter and you don't want to hear him say, "I won't answer that")
Have everyone send in their questions beforehand, then, have the moderator come up with an outline of what and when to ask.
Leave room for live questions but only real ones. Have some text saying [LIVE] to let everyone know.

The BD Live tech allows them to pause, ff, rew, etc. I expected it to be similar to the Simpsons BD, like he would pause it and prep everyone on what is going to happen (i.e. Batman fans, look at the name on the file cabinet) then resume.

In other words, I expected a live director's commentary, not a Comic con presser. ;)

This is the first one, I'm sure they will get better.

MattFini

Supporting Actor

Someone submitted a question asking Nolan to give a shout out to the HTF since none of our questions were getting through.

So Nolan just posted a greeting.

It was probably the highlight of the night for any HTF user.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I tried asking re: using 65mm instead of 35mm anamorphic next time but it wasn't answered. Nolan did make an off-hand comment re: the BD quality, and made an allusion that he was aware of some of the on-line controversy. He said something along the lines of that he's very involved with the video transfers and such and likes to go for an unprocessed image, and that he had been reading some "peculiar" comments about the BD and how it came to be. I'm obviously paraphrasing from memory, but when a transcript is posted you'll see what I mean.

Vincent

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for asking Vincent, might be he did not exactly knew what you were getting at when you wrote 65 instead of 70mm ;)

I am surprised about Nolan saying that he wants to go for an unprocessed image. I don't think that many will deny that what we see on the Blu-Ray is an image that went through quite a bit of processing as far as the parts shot in 35mm are concerned.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'd definitely be doing for an HTF chat soon... would have to be after the New Year as I'm about to head home to no-Blu-ray-land, but it's a great concept.

Thought the chat itself revealed a few interested nuggets, and provided some unexpectedly hilarious entertainment by how embarrassingly dumb some of the questions were.

I wish they had had something like this back when I was in film school, it would have been a great way to study films with colleagues for assignments or fun without having to all be together. Can't imagine I'd ever use the "record your own commentary" thing though... does anyone out there really want to listen to me talk for 2 1/2 hours about TDK? Didn't think so. :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I want to thank Justin Sluss of HighDefDiscNews.com for sending me
this screen grab of the actual HTF SHOUT OUT....

CLICK HERE

I am thinking of doing our own HTF BD LIVE CHAT, possibly a week
from today. No promises.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks