What's new

Any HTF'ers at the DARK KNIGHT BD Live Event tonight? (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I managed to get in and am waiting for it to begin. Any other HTF'ers participating?

Also, I think it would be nice if some of us who have participated in the various threads over the past several months could schedule our own Home Theater Forum community screening.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Nicholas,

I'm in. Is this a text commentary only?

Great idea about the HTF screening.

Darren

Joe Cortez

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in for tonight's screening. The text box at the top is a little too small for my liking but this seems like a neat experiment and I love the idea of a HTF screening some time soon.

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
Finally a decent question that hasn't already been answered! Whoever rocker22 is, thanks for asking a why the Scarecrow has a cameo. I'm in there as "millhouse"

Brian Price

Stunt Coordinator
How do you get in. I can't figure it out? I rsvp'd and all that and have my bdlive on also?

ahh figured it out. watching it now.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I'm watching now.
It's a great use of the BD Live tech although I expected a video feed of some sort.
It all seems so off the cuff.
I thought Nolan was going to a standard commentary and field questions every now and again.
It seems to be 100% questions.

Too bad most of them are of the cringe worthy variety.
If I see one more "Whose idea was it to..." queries, I'm going to bail from embarrassment.

Why no Batcave? How about watching the first film????

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
Go to "Express Yourself", then "Live Community Screenings". It should be in there, headed by c_nolan. Join that one.

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon

To be fair, it was more about "Why wasn't it rebuilt yet?", wasn't it? It was definitely an artistic choice as to whether it was rebuilt or not, at least in the film's universe, as TDK isn't exactly a day after BB.

Shame he hasn't replied to my question about the recent mention in the UK's "The Sun". Would love to hear his response to their bullshit casting rumours.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I am waiting for someone to ask about the Eddie Murphy thing.

I'm sure someone is filtering those out.

"Who came up up with the line, "Why So Serious"?" oh brother
Ummm, a screenwriter?

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
There are some terrible questions getting through. Some are definitely questions I don't give a toss about, but many are ones that are just redundant - answered in Focus Points on the disc, answered in many interviews.

Damn good concept of a live chat though. I hope there's a log of it somewhere, and generally speaking, it seems to be working pretty well. I keep seeing c_nolan is dropping out occasionally, but that might be my connection, and not his (hey, I'm on the other side of the world!)

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
He drops every 10 minutes for me also, but gets right back on.

One of the first good questions, about having no origin for Joker.

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
Ahh, technical difficulties at their end. Hope everything gets back up, it's quite a fascinating idea. Anyone else got any thoughts on the whole thing so far?

Brian Price

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like there will be a transcript up later. Was on the site for the event after it started and it had a link to a transcript but obviously it wasn't active yet.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder how they're screening the questions. There has to be a better question out there than "How's life on the set?".

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Yup, text only as mentioned here long before I had a chance to return to the thread
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Every question I've had (legitimate, I promise!) has been overlooked so far, ranging from modifying the AR for Blu-ray (preserving the intent and composition of the image) to the deliberate exploitation of the new Batsuit's weaknesses.

I'm there as "nlmartin".

I really think we should organize an HTF screening.

Thoughts on that?

Joe Cortez

Stunt Coordinator
c_nolan: "It was very exciting to finally see Batman turn his head. This was the result of years of research and millions of dollars."

Best response of the night so far.

Nicholas, did you ask that question? I didn't check out the screen name.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Here is a question that I bet doesn't get through...

Will you ever learn to direct a proper fight scene? ;)

Good questions Nicholas, I think he answered the aspect ratio thing. IMAX intrigued him and it was too expensive and technically challenging to shoot the entire film that way.

Please, someone ask him about the Mayor's distracting black eyeliner. I'm too embarassed to. ;)

"Why a gigantic penthouse?" That got through? Really? I'm out, I'll read the transcript later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks