What's new

Any hope of Buena Vista releasing the early 90s X-Men animated series? (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
With the release of X3 coming up, have there been any murmurs whatsoever that Disney may have changed their stance on not releasing box sets of the 1992 animated series? It seems strange to me that they knew to make the most of an opportunity with the Fantastic Four animated set last summer, but aren't capitalizing on a much bigger sales opportunity.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Sadly people have been hounding them for this for ages, and there's been no progress at all in getting the series released. It's a real shame, as the series is one of the finest examples of a comic book cartoon, alongside the Batman Animated Series. Hopefully in time we'll see it, once Buena Vista gets their head on straight. Until then, at least Season 3 of X-Men: Evolution is coming on 5/23. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Batman Animated. My 3yr old son is really into superheroes now. He loves Bats, Supes & Justice League. He watches them all of the time. So I decided to put on an X-Men animated episode. While, the story plots were good. It is amazing how poor the animation was compared to Bats. Maybe, its just my preference.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This is the exact reason I'm holding onto the three Universal-released sets of X-Men I have sitting on the shelf. I haven't watched them in a couple of years, but, with their blink-and-you-missed-it time on the shelf, they're in terribly short supply.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I just transferd the copies I have of this to DVD. I think I had about thefirst 10 volumes or so that were released on VHS way back when. the animation is deffinately cheap Saturday morning quality, but they are pretty close to the comics adaptation wise, and a fun series overall. I would love to get it complete on an official DVD, mine look like hell.

I never saw "X-Men Evolution" Any good? I think a season 1 set is due any time.

John*D

Second Unit
According so some on toonzone who emailed BV, they said there is nothing planned for the X3 release. Given that the movie is coming out in a few weeks and nothing has been announced, it figures there is nothing coming at least for the theatrical release of the movie.

I'm all for season sets (especially with the season long arcs). I'd buy them all + all the other 90s Marvel toons.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I didn't have a problem with this show at the time, but it looks awkward now. I still liked it, though.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I wish they would release this and the Spider-Man toon. BV are crazy for not doing so.

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator
This X-Men cartoon was never as good as Batman The Animated Series. Like every Marvel cartoon, comic book, and movie from the 90's and 2000's it lacked substance and originality. One would be better off buying a trade paperback with the original stories that the cartoon ripped off.
The worst offense this cartoon commited against humanity was the Christmas episode, were the X-Men with the aid of scrooge Wolverine, save Christmas for the underground sewer dwelling Morlocks. After watching that awful 30 minutes of embarassment my brother and I nearly die from laughing so hard. If you do not believe me about how terrible that particular episode was, try to catch it in reruns on Toon Disney and judge for yourself.

Rob T

Screenwriter
They've really missed some great chances to put out nice sets for this series. I'm sure that won't change anytime soon. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks