What's new

Any hope for Perfect Strangers & Mr.Belvedere? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
There are several '80's sitcoms which I'd love to see released on DVD. Perfect Strangers & Mr.Belvedere are somewhere near the top. Seeing as Full House will be released in the near future, Perfect Strangers may have a good chance, seeing as they are both produced by the same company. Mr. Belvedere, I believe is Fox, which is very selective on it's releases....

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I would snap these two up along with Head of the Class, Growing Pains, Just the 10 of Us and The Charmings. Perfect Strangers seems an obvious choice for DVD release, a great physical comedy duo whose comedey is timeless. If Mr. Belvadere comes to DVD, I would hope to see that 50's Hour of Stars version as well.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I can't wait for Perfect Strangers. I really enjoyed watching it on Nick at Nite recently, but they only played a handful of episodes; they'd get to a certain point and start over at the beginning. I asked WB about this title at the chat last year. They said "no plans," but plans can change.

It looks like the first season was only six episodes. Hopefully, an eventual first release will combine seasons 1 and 2. That would be about 28 episodes.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Perfect Strangers?

"Try me for treason and call me Eggs Benedict," but I don't know if we'll be seeing this series on DVD anytime soon. Then again, if ALF can get released, anything's possible.

I'd definitely do the dance of joy if WB changed their minds.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
One of my favorites from Cousin Larry, in his self-deprecating manner:

"I was always good at algebra. Of course! It has nothing to do with life!"

And, of course:

"You tease Balki."

Gerry A

Agent
I don't hold on to much hope that it will come out, but I'll buy Mr. Belvedere in a heartbeat. All six seasons if they ever come out with that.

John*P

Second Unit
I'd say there is definitely hope for Perfect Strangers and Mr. Belvedere. As for Belvedere, I think it would be released by a company like Shout!, Image or Rhino before it was by Fox. I'd buy both of these series for sure, as long as they were uncut...

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
I'm holding out hope for Mr. Belvidere, I totally loved that show....now everyone knows I love the 80's I just hope that the companies see that there would be enough people interested in a show like Belvedere (typo). I was a whole part of that 80's thing and Belvedere was cool but the stars of the show werent the tabloid/teen magazine fodder as the kids from "Growing Pains" (Kirk Cameron, Tracey Gold). But they did have that dad he was like famous, I would love to see the show, it lasted awhile but it was a comfort series for ABC, wasn't it Friday night the last few seasons, so so ratings, just kinda there....but I loved it especially when the older brother had to deal with alcholism...must see tv, and Wesley, you gotta love him;)

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
I really hope Perfect Strangers has a chance. I used to love watching that show back when I was in school. It was great. You studios should listen to us!;)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I loved Mr. Belvedere too, until it went off the rails in the fourth season and got really bizarre.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I've been waiting YEARS for "Mr. Belvedere" on DVD. How long must we wait?

It's criminal that "Alf" gets a release, but not this far-better show.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Yes Louis, I agree, I also liked Alf in the '80's. However, when I watch it now, it just hasn't stood the test of time like Mr B...

c'mon 20th century Fox, there IS more to life than the Simpsons!!

Pavan_P

Second Unit
I would love 20th Century FOX to release shows like Small Wonder and Mr. Belvedere, but I just don't see that happening. Hopefully studios like Shout! or Anchor Bay can license them. Both have not aired on U.S. TV in many many years.

As for Perfect Strangers, I am VERY ready for it. I think Warner will release it eventually, at least I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks