What's new

Any heard if the PS2 will be lowering its price? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
At least provide a link to someplace where we can find the information ourselves
smile.gif
Heck, private message me and I'll relay it as "an unconfirmed rumor from an unnamed source". Link Removed
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Of course, if you're just saying that to be saying something, then..well, we'll understand. C'mon with the information!

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Bear in mind that both Kelley and Brian work for software developers, and so get to read the fairly hefty NDAs that these snippets come on. As far as the drop to $50 for the DC goes, that was fairly public, but any other information, be it that they have seen the wonder that Headhunter is supposed to be, a mystery title is on its way, a major price slash on already available games or whatever, well we'll just have to wait.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Anyone remember the end of the 2600??????
[Edited last by Kelley_B on October 24, 2001 at 10:33 AM]

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The 2600 didn't end... It just sort of petered out.
Besides, can the 2600 truly end, as long as there are people out there who appreciate purity of gameplay, ease of getting started, and the ability of one person to see a game through from conception to final coding?
Nay, I say, nay! The 2600 shall live forever in the hearts of those who have known it and loved it! In the hands and sore wrists of anyone who has ever maneuvered a tank through an obstacle course with a CX-40! In the eyes and ears of anyone who has ever seen this music video!
Truly, the Atari 2600 is the toughest system of all. 25-year-old units still run. The system itself was sold even into the NES era, and survived years of Tramiel ownership.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I plan to buy atleast another one to keep in the box and hopefully they will cut the price in japan, therefore I will buy a Japan model also if not then I will buy an american one and simply have it modded.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
[beg]Can you at least give us a hint as to when we'll know what you are talking about? :) [/beg]
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I remember when I was five going into a major toy store chain with my dad and buying one copy of every 2600 game that they had and walked out of there with like atleast 30-40 games and paid about $55 for it all............but remember inflation is a bitch.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
By my calculations, that would be $87.82 in 2001 dollars. If that needs further inflation adjustment, though, I suppose I could deal with paying around $5.00 per game.
biggrin.gif

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
What you think $87 is a rip off for a great title like Kiss: Psycho Circus???? I call that a steal.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Ok, so here's my guess: For the day after Thanksgiving sale, Toys r Us is going to have a huge blowout sale of DC games. (which in my case would suck, since my local TRU has a crapola selection)
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
(Shameless attempt to extract more information below...)
It's going to have to be bigger than a Toys R Us blowout, considering that Dreamcast stuff is still everywhere (read: Best Buy, Circuit City, Target...everywhere but Wal-Mart, actually) around here.
I hope it's at least safe to assume that there will be no "Dreamcast Jr.", a la the 2600.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Have you noticed that he isn't giving up this "information"? He's evaded the question several times now and is probably hoping we drop it altogether because he really has no 'inside source'.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
My Top 10 Movies http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005503-6.html#146

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Or, perhaps he is avoiding being precise because he isn't allowed to be. They don't call these things company secrets for a joke, you know.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
If you have information and can give it, do so. If you have info but can't post it, then don't post about your "secret info" period. 'Nuff said.
------------------
B00005LC4P.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305499128.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
0792846427.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305165912.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00003CXRM.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!
[Edited last by John Thomas on November 01, 2001 at 06:54 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks