What's new

Any good, legitimate places to buy B&W speakers online? (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I know, I know... you might void the warranty, etc. etc.

However, in my state there is ONE and only ONE authorized retailer selling B&W speakers, and they know that very well. Therefore, they won't budge any off of full retail price. Talk about no competition!

Anyone have good luck buying these online with a solid deal, and with good service? And where did you get them from?

Thanks!

Dan

JauCheeze

Stunt Coordinator
ebay is probably ur only choice because B&W does not allow retailers to sell their speakers online.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
It looks like your not too far from the north border of CO. Any chance you might find a retailer in an adjacent state?

JimmyK

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
One retailer many miles away in Wyoming.

Doesn't look good. Damn these "authorized dealer" come-ons. Price fixing is all it amounts to.

Dan

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Dan,
you might wanna check ot the latest S&V,there is an article about shopping on the net.Interestingly Scott Rundle Marketing Director for B&W,says "Why would we make such policy if it will cost us sales,and upset some potential customers? Because we believe it will help us create more satisfied customers in the long run". :rolleyes

Here is another quote from him:"Due to the complexity...of our products,we believe that internet sales can actually be a disservice to our customers.

I guess speakers are complex these days. ;)
Sorry Dan, I guess you out of luck I second Ebay.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
And depending on your local dealers, they might be jerks (like mine) about doing any discounting. Screw 'em. B&W makes great speakers, but so do a lot of other companies. I went with Energy's instead. How's *that* for costing them sales... :)

Don't get me wrong, I like B&W speakers. I just don't care for their dealers and their internet/mail order sales policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks