What's new

Any good deals on floor standing speakers under $1,000? (1 Viewer)

Tubby

Agent
Real Name
chris
Anyone know of any good deals on a pair of floorstanding speakers under $1,000? A link to the website would be great. I have some polk bookshelf speakers right now that cost me about $100 and a subwoofer. Will the sound be that much better with a pair of floorstanding speakers or should i leave it the way it is?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
JBL ES90BLK 3-way Dual 8-inch Floorstand Speaker from Overstock.com
That is for one. So, it would be around $660 for a pair.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Tubby

Agent
Real Name
chris

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Have you listened to any of these? What are you planning on listening to? And can your amplifier handle the load?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What are you looking to achieve?

You may be better off keeping the Polks (if you are happy with their sound) and drop the full 1K on a really good sub.

Tubby

Agent
Real Name
chris
Looking to fill in the lows better. Would you recommend SVS over anything else? I watch movies 95% of the time.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would keep the Polks and try getting an SVS PB12 Plus/2 on Closeout, if there are any left, and you have the room for it.

How big is the room?

EDIT: the Plus/2s are gone. I don't know what on earth Ron is up to with his sub line these days. Most models are no longer available. So, the best alternative may be a PC Plus, just not the 16. Or a Hsu, but I don't know their line, and personally I don't like their styling.

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
Go on audiogon and buy yourself a pair of $4000.00 for $1000.00 and you'll be way ahead of the game. That's the only way to buy highend audio these day's. You're loss is My Gain, that's the old saying. Nothing wrong with buying second hand. I have sold equipment for a fraction of the cost and it was in like new condition. Audiophiles like us take care of our components like little babies...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks