What's new

Any Early Word Of Mouth On 'Hearts In Atlantis' (1 Viewer)

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Hopkins has a memory like a steel trap. He probably remembers the name of the 2nd cabbie he rode with the last time he was in Montreal.
A story to tell.
I met him on Mackinac Island some years back. He's truly a gracious and polite gentleman... got a real kick out of it when I greeted him as Sir Anthony. Then after a brief chat with him over coffee, regarding the island and C.S. Lewis (Shadowlands is my favorite of his movies), I took my leave of him with this quote:
"If stars of the stage and screen had wings of flight, I fear you would share the fate of Icarus."
He smiled, thanked me, and asked where the quote came from... I replied, "Me, less than a minute ago". He said, "I'll remember that one". I'm sure he still does.
------------------
September 11, 2001
"Those who died will always be remembered.
Those who killed will never be forgotten.
We who remain will not let it happen again."

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
JerryW
icon14.gif

Need your last name so that excellent quote can be properly atttributed.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Adam-
Well the work is hard and the pay isn't great (although you could do worse). Still my fellow PAs assured me that stars behaving in a manner like Hopkins on set is rare (in fact the only other star they recall as being so kind was Will Smith when he made Enemy of the State here in DC).
- Guy

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator
Ted's Vaguery is on purpose as he is obviously not of this world. If you read the book I assume the movie will make more sense, I of course haven't seen the movie yet. What made the book so good for me was the story of Steven King at college, of course he doesn't SAY that's what it was, but of course that's what it is. It's a shame the movie won't cover this portion of the book.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
I don't suppose it's really a big deal. Just a cool circumstance. On the previous day I ran into Johnny Carson... didn't get to talk to him, although I did say hello and shook his hand. Overall, it was a great trip.
Alex, my last name is Whitener.
------------------
September 11, 2001
"Those who died will always be remembered.
Those who killed will never be forgotten.
We who remain will not let it happen again."

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
My friend worked as a extra of Road to Wellville because it was filmed near me.
One day when she was covered up with a blanket shivering, he walked up to her and said "Are you cold Patricia my dear"
She nearly dropped dead because he knew her name.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung
[Edited last by JonZ on September 28, 2001 at 08:25 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks