What's new

Any cyclist folloiwing the Giro d'Italia? (1 Viewer)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Holadem,

The yellow Jersey and the Stage Winner gets tested following each stage, along with 2 random riders.

I'm going to withold judgement until everything is out.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
His explanation, that he has a naturally high level of testosterone, strains credibility. If he had naturally higher levels, wouldn't he have tested positively in the past? Wouldn't he have something on file to warn the testers of his "condition"?

The failed test is from the stage where he made a miraculous jump from 11th to 3rd. I have a very hard time believing he is innocent.

Unfortunately, this traditionally prestigious event should be called the Tour de Fraud until it can be cleaned up.

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
People keep talking about his comeback in the mountains as if it was a miracle. His 6 minute gain was probably more due to the poor strategy of the pelaton which couldn't get itself organized and let him go in the first place. Regardless of his performance the day before, he is noted as one of the strongest riders in the Tour, and if you watched him on the day he made his comeback, he was eating and drinking what seemed like almost constantly. Let's not forget than the second place winner, Oscar Pereiro, made up nearly a half hour on one stage, but nobody thought he was doping because of that.

I'm not saying flat out that he's innocent, but the whole thigs just seems a bit weird to me. Why would he dope on THIS Tour, with all the scrutiny? Why wouldn't increased testosterone levels have shown up on any of the six tests he did before this one? Seems like he'd just have to be far, far more stupid than I'd think he'd ever be to try to pull something. The guy is on a bunch of approved medication for his hip so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Thx Joe.

I normally would, but I have to say I've not been impressed by his denials so far.

--
H

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I went looking for TV coverage and discovered that only "Universal Sports" was carrying it - not available within 150 miles of my location.

I check in with Velo News when I think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread