What's new

Any Chance of "Eddie Murphy: Delirious"? (1 Viewer)

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator

I've got the box and it really is amazing.

As far as Eddie is concerned, i'll leave you with two names from his stand-up routine: Stevie Wonder and James Brown. Those two sketches are simply amazing.:D

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator
"It's not a coffee table, Gus... it's a piece of sh#t!!!!"

Man... I was 17 back in 1990 when I first saw Eddie Murphy: Raw and was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe at times. If Comedian, Raw, or Delirious came out, I'd be at the store for those discs in a heartbeat.

"I know you wanna' leave me... but I refuse to let you go, Lillian... if I have to beg and plead to da' symphony... "

"Why did you shoot Jimmy Walker in the lips, Eddie? I like Good Times!!!"

Nick

Brian-W

Screenwriter

I thought he was saying "I'm tired, I'm hot as a fuck in this thing..." and the women yelled "Go rest your mouth" (followed by the shut up remark)

At least that's what the consensus of a bunch of us watching was.

And Delirious was all about "We got Mcdonalds hamburgers...we got Mcdonnnaaooollllddsss!" followed by "Ice cream! Ice cream! Moooooooom, throw down some money, the ice cream man is coming!"

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Delirious ... man, does THAT bring back some memories!

I have to go dig around in my storage boxes now.... I think I have a copy of it. On BETA for cryin' out loud. :D

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Add me to the list of buyers for this material! If Eddie holds the rights, than he should do the right thing and release all his stand up together in a multi disc set, with a warning that it is not suitable for his current soccer mom audience.;)

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. He even says in the beginning (at least on Comedian) that "If you brought your kids down thinking that I'd be up here with the Buckwheat wig on, you're in for a mother-f**kin' surprise cause I do some nasty sh*t while I'm up here." I'm just glad that I converted it to DVD-R a few months ago.

The problem is that this is a no-win situation for him. One one hand he's criticized for not releasing them; but if he did release it even with warnings he'd be accused of wanting to make money at prior offensive material.

Yeah, whatever. If you're offended, don't watch it. Boy, that was tough, wasn't it? :rolleyes

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Well "Raw" will be broadcast by Comedy Central within the next week or so (in edited form I'm sure) so me thinks Mr. Murphy doesn't exactly "own" the rights to squat. Maybe it's a case of Paramount not wanting to piss Eddie off in case they want him in one of their movies down the line?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Not necessairly. Comedy Central is now promoting what I believe they are calling "Secret Stash" I believe that it is racy programming, such as "South Park B.L.U." completely uneditied. Of course, it only airs between certain hours (after midnight give or take) That is how they have been showing B.L.U. uneditied. So maybe "Raw" is going to be the same deal.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I know the Comedy Network here in Canada shows unedited material in the evenings, usually beginning at 9pm. They've aired stand-up shows by Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, etc....totally uncut.

It's funny this thread was brought back to life. Just last night, my friend and I were discussing how badly we wanted this (and Raw) on DVD. I swear I've worn my VHS tape thin. lol.

I still have a gut feeling that somewhere down the line, Murphy will give in, and these great stand-up acts will see the light of day in the forseeable future. At least I hope.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Perhaps when the studios finally wise up realize he hasn't made a good movie in years (including one of the most high profile bombs in recent history) and stop giving him work.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Delirious has got to be the funniest stand up concert I've ever seen in my life. I don't know if I've ever laughed harder than I did at that show(although Chris Rock's Bring the Pain was pretty close). Too bad Eddie hasn't been funny since Beverly Hills Cop II. What was that, like 1988?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'll come to Eddie's defense and say that I thought Shrek was a pretty good movie :D

Seriously though, I do wish he would release Raw and Delirious. Time to ask my friend if he can TIVO that Raw and record it onto tape for me.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Comedy Central will be presenting Raw as part of their Secret Stash, so it should be uncut. I forget what day it airs on, but it is at 1:00am

Esten

Supporting Actor

Perhaps in a certain Detroit Lions jacket....

I know... not gonna happen.:frowning:

KenA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken Appell
HDNet ran Raw in HD last Fall, so I there has to be a really nice master available. We need these on DVD!!!!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Agreed... we need both Delirious and Raw on DVD ASAP. I have not seen either one in over a decade and it's about time to watch them again.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Delirious is one of the funniest comedy shows I've ever seen. I'd rank it one notch above Raw but both are great. It's definitely time for these to come out on DVD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Raw would be a must-buy on the day it was released. Delirious, maybe a week or two later...

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Well, Raw is on Comedy Central right now. Stated at 1:00am I guess, but it is being bleeped. Thanks alot C.C.! so much for the "Secret Stash" Why do they show "South Park B.L.U. completely unedited, but not "Raw. Very weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks