What's new

Any chance of a Widescreen IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS...? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
ADVENTURES OF BULLWHIP GRIFFIN was originally posted as 1.33:1 on many sites, and turns out to be 1.66:1 on DVD. I am hoping this will be the case with CASTAWAYS and THAT DARN CAT, which are both listed on Ultimate Disney was 1.33:1. Could it be possible Disney would actually letterbox SUMMER MAGIC but not CASTAWAYS?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, Disney...

—Put extras on "The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band", but not "Happiest Millionaire," which share some common cast and crew.
—Put 2 Herbie films in OAR, and 2 in MAR
—Used a TV master for "Midnight Madness" and apparently for "The Million Dollar Duck", as told by the TV logos at the end
—Put out compressed-mono episodes of the stereo sitcom "The Golden Girls"
—Has withheld specs on discs until they are in stores.

You've seen the way Disney works (or Doesn't). They can do a great, 16x9, OAR transfer of an unheard-of live-action title, then turn around and do a crummy, MAR transfer of a similar title.

I could go on. Iger, here's a chance to redeem Disney's name: put out good DVDs on a consistent basis.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
It's 1.33:1, I'm afraid. "Summer Magic" is the only one of the May 3 bunch that's been treated to a 16x9 transfer. I should have a "Castaways" review up by tomorrow.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, would a petition have a chance in changing their minds, as they did with THE ABSENT-MINDED PROFESSOR? What exactly was the process that worked so well there? I am stinking angry about this CASTAWAYS business and refuse to buy, or even rent, the movie in pan and scan, I am reasonably certain this was not a 1.33:1 movie matted to 1.85:1 in theaters.

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
Absent Minded Professor was also a much higher demand movie than Castaways - which would have contributed to Disney's mending of its ways with that title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks