What's new

Any chance of a Back to the Future single release ? (1 Viewer)

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
In Australia they released the first Back to the Future movie on it's own a couple of months after the boxset release.
Does anybody have any info about whether the same is planned in the U.S. ?
I haven't bought the box because I refuse to pay for two movies that I really don't want to have.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I don't think it could hurt at this point. It would have been different if they sold them all separately to start, as 2 and 3 would likely have sold far less than 1. (Personally I like 2 and 3 almost as much as 1).

Same thing with the Godfather trilogy. If they sold them all separately to start, there would have been stacks of Part 3 left at stores. But now that the set has sold a lot in the past 18 months, I don't think it would hurt Paramount to sell them separately for those who may only want Part 1 or 2.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I think it will happen one day. But, not until they make as much money they can from the box set. (This goes for BTTF and Godfather.)

Just taking a guess, I could see each BTTF movie sell for $14.99 each or something --- Godfather around $19.99 or so.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
You could always buy a previously viewed DVD. The local Hastings is selling each movie separately. The problem is, I bet you could buy the boxset brand new for a lower price than what they're selling them separately for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks