What's new

Any 80's Hard Rock/ Metal Fans? (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Couldn't agree more. Nice to see old school Bay Area Thrash back in full effect (along with Exodus and Death Angel)."

I was so happy when Souza rejoined Exodus for Tempo Of The Damned.

And was SO disappointed when he left again. Its too bad they couldnt make it work.

I always prefered Souza's Bon Scott voice for that band.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

I hardly ever venture into the Music forum here, but I just had to say how surprised I am to see a Harem Scarem mention. They've been one of my favorite bands for the past 15 years or so ... (I even ran their web site for about 5 years before Dan started up haremscarem.net). It's a shame that "Hope" will be their last disc, but it should be interesting to see what Harry and Pete will do on any future projects.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Bryan, Harem Scarem is one of my favorites too. Many out there have not heard of them and that is damn sad. Easily, one of the best bands ever. I stumbled across them from a friend of mine way back in the day around 1995. I believe these guys are out of Canada. I followed them from Harem to Rubber to Harem again and I'm also sad this is the last record for them. Hey, that's what reunions are for. They also wrote songs for and produced the band Fiore's album. At least Harry and Pete worked on it.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

Yep ... definitely out of Canada (the Toronto area, to be specific).

FYI, Pete/Harry wrote all of the first Fiore album (most of the songs were originally conceived as HS demos) and most of the 2nd one (again, most of the tracks were based off existing HS demos). While there may have been other musicians credited, I have it on pretty good authority that the HS guys played about 95% of the instruments on the Fiore discs.

Harry and Pete have also produced a number of artists that have come out of the "Canadian Idol" show. Billy Klippert (a finalist from a few years back) released a disc with covers of a couple of HS tunes and a couple of covers from Harry's solo disc. Suzi Rawn also covered a couple of recent HS tunes on her debut disc. All worth checking out.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hm, no Lemur Voice in the NEARFest lineup archives. Maybe I saw them at Prog Rock Night in NYC back in the '90s.

Damn, I miss NEARFest. In 2001 the headliners were Porcupine Tree and Banco del Mutuo Soccorso! Now THAT's a concert!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Boy this is bringing back some memories..... Haven't seen Metallica pop up.. Ride the lightning, and justice for all....

Iron Maiden, Love them! Especially that era, powerslave, Iron Maiden, Somewhere in time, Number of the beast... oh man I love this time frame...

Kix, I only remember one song from them.

Death, one of my all time favorite bands......

Quiet Riot..... need I say more!

Testament....

Suicidal Tendancies...

Slayer....

Ah yes..... What a great time for us metal heads.

Brewster44

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
Anyone heard of Black Tide? I recently heard them while watching "Talking Metal" on Fuse, what a great show that is!!!

Also, any opinions on Hell Yeah? I will always be a HUGE Pantera fan!

I once met Vinnie Paul at HOME DEPOT of all places!

troy evans

Screenwriter
I've recently been listening to Disturbed. Their "Indestructible" album is amazing. I can't stop playing this damn disc. From start to finish it is just great. Anyone else jammin on these guys?

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
It's not quite as good as The Sickness, but Indestructible is easily the best thing since their debut.

On the 80's front, I was at Iron Maiden last night at MSG, it was a great show!

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

I heard that they lost power on stage at some point, and the band kicked around a soccer ball until the power got restored...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I read in a magazine article last month (I forget which one -- it was a music magazine) that there's an underground network of Disturbed fans at orthodox Yeshivas because the singer's been kicked out of five of 'em. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks