What's new

Anthem AVM-50 and MCA-50 (silver) (1 Viewer)

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I'm selling my Anthem AVM-50 and MCA-50. Both units have performed flawlessly, but I'm really trying to get out of home theater entirely and find some less expensive hobbies. :)

Both units are silver.

AVM-50: $3800 + shipping to the lower 48 states. SOLD!
MCA-50: $1300 shipped to the lower 48 states. SOLD!

Please feel free to reply, PM, or email me with any questions.

Thanks!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry, I'm not in the market for either of these fine products - I just have a question.

After spending a lot of money on these components and after probably having spent a lot on other components, how does one decide to get out of home theater? Especially entirely. I sure understand about the too expensive part of your decision, but not the entirely part.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Alan,

It's a tough decision, and one that I've certainly struggled with a few times over the past two years or so. I think I've just come to a point in my life where I'm just not getting the enjoyment out of black/silver boxes like I did ten years or so ago.

I know I'll always watch movies and certain television shows, but I've found myself pointedly looking at the HT recently and wondering, "Do I *really* need all this stuff? Is it making me happy?"

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Nathan: Never get philosophical when speaking of home theater; such thinking leads to the kind of decision you made. I've spent tens of thousands on audio/video over the last thirty years, and I wish I could start over with the knowledge I have today because then I wouldn't have spent tens of thousands (well, probably one or two tens) but not once have I considered chucking it all. That will never happen. Good luck, but I think you'll be back so don't sell something that you'll regret selling later.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Still available. These are great pieces!

For those on the fence, the AVM-50 does not appear to suffer from the same heat problems as the D2. From what I've seen on AVS, I've yet to encounter an AVM-50 owner who has complained about the heat issues that plague some D2 units.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
After doing a bit more research, I've lowered my price on the AVM-50 to match the most recent selling prices.

The AVM-50 price is now $3800 + shipping. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.