What's new

Antenna signal booster (1 Viewer)

JerryJ

Auditioning
Hi Group,
I am new to the group and this is my first post. I have a large directional antenna laying flat on my patio roof to keep the neighbors from complaining. I had it connected to a 27" tv and all was well until I purchased a toshiba 50hdx82. There is a large two story house between the antenna and the transmitting towers about 25 miles away all in the same place. I was wondering if a signal booster would give it more performance to the new set in a positive way. I have a signal booster in my motorhome connected to a winegard antenna and it really gets that tv to stand at attention! Do you think it would have the same effect on my home system.
Thanks Jerry

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Antennas are funny things. An old engineer once told me that antenna design is more a 'black art' then a science.
I would try it but make sure you can take it back.

So it was fine when you had the 27 hooked up but now the new tv cant pick up the same stations?
Are you sure you have a good connection to the TV?
Do you have a rotor?
Sometimes a few degrees can make a huge difference and when it is highly direction even more so.
One thing that they do is 'reject' signals off the sides and back.
Good Luck
Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks