Antenna/Northern VA - Herndon

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scot Kight, May 25, 2001.

1. Scot Kight

Scot Kight Extra

Anyone have any suggestions on type of antenna? I need to put one in my attic, would rather not put it on my roof right now.
    I am in herndon, about 25 miles from the towers.
    Also, anyone know where I could get said antenna local?
    Scot

2. SteveE

SteveE Auditioning

Scott -
    I am here in Arlington, Virgina. The place to get antennas is Davis Antenna. Their web site is www.davisantennainc.com Their installation is very good, but very expensive. I got a Wineguard antenna through them that gives me amazing reception. Unfortunately, my attic has a vapor barrier, and reflects all signals, so I went with an outside mount, and outside mounts are far superior. My antenna is quite small (about 18" x 24" x 48") and with a rotor can get all DTV stations in Washington and Baltimore. I would reconsider not doing an outside placement until you check an outside DTV installation, I think you would be surprised by how unubtrusive it can be. Feel free to contact me directly at seasley@cais.com, and I will give you directions so you can see mine. I can also recommend a very, very good antenna and satellite installer, whose fees are also quite reasonable. Good Luck!
    Steve
    ------------------