another sub

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by BrianTT, Apr 2, 2003.

1. BrianTT

BrianTT Auditioning

right now I am running a b&w asw 1000 and I am thinking of getting a secondary sub just to balance the sound sould I get another of the same or upgade this and use it as the second sub?

thank you

2. Dave Milne

Dave Milne Supporting Actor

Brian,
    Greetings from the Northside. What do you mean by "balance the sound"? Does your asw1000 bottom out, clip, distort, or otherwise complain on loud bass passages? Are you looking for deeper bass? Smoother/cleaner bass? Louder bass?

A word of caution on two (or more) subs: Unless they are in the same place (stacked, side-by-side, etc), there will be potentially nasty room modes and cancellation effects. It is possible to use multiple subs in different parts of the room to tame room modes... but this requires measurement equipment, simulation software, and/or a lot of trial and error.

3. BrianTT

BrianTT Auditioning

this sub clips out on some low end bass. I am just looking for a cleaner sound from the low end I am looking to put the other sub across the room about 15 feet away . I am not looking for more just smoother and cleaner