What's new

Another Sony TV down.... (1 Viewer)

James Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Finally got my KP57WS500 fixed to rid the Green HUE problem.. 2 weeks later my 27" WEGA dies out. Ive had the TV about 2 years now without an extended warranty.
TV was on and perfect then Just shut off. I did not notice any discoloration or any other issues until this.

We had just moved and I suspect that the 50 mile truck drive may have shaken something up...

The problem is this: When you press the power button, the tv tries to come on then just makes a ticking sound around 5-6 times. Then just shuts back off. The Stand BY / Timer light continues to flash.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Know what the problem may be?

Thanks

James:frowning:

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
James I'm sorry to hear this...its the same problem i currently have with my 36inch wega. On mine at first i had no picture but sound,unfortunately it quickly went to both very soon. I had a estimate and they need to replace a main board which will cost me about $300. Sadly my Wega is sittin in a epmty bedroom all by itself until i can get some cash to repair it.

I will NEVER buy another set that is SO heavy and does not have wheels. From talking to people Wegas are not made to be moved even the slightest twinge can get a slight crack and ruin things. I feel your pain trust me :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks