What's new

Another remake coming..."Any Which Way But Loose" w/The Rock... (1 Viewer)

James@R

Second Unit
Well, I guess I'd rather read this than that the Rock will play Dirty Harry- which was previously rumoured. :frowning:

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This could quite possibly be the worst idea that I've ever heard of from a studio.

...and I thought Deuce Bigalo 2 was bad idea. This puts even that to shame!

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'll definitely not see this remake. I like the original 2 a lot, and I don't want this one to tarnish them. I hope they don't use Eddie Rabbitt's song that goes with the movie or have someone else remake it either.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
............yeah.

Here's an idea, release a remake of Brokeback Mountain starring Nathan Lane & Harvey Fierstein (only this time we'll have it be about two gay cowboys turning straight) while the original is still in theaters...hey why not, it couldn't be any dumber than any of the other idea's for remakes* coming down the pipe.

* "with a twist to separate it from the original"

:rolleyes:;)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Why remake it? WHY!?!

I love the original two films but I can't see any reason what so ever why they should be "remade"... :thumbsdown:

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I will put this in, that the Rock was actually pretty solid in the Walking Tall remake and other than the fact that it was underwritten and therefore too short by about 20 minutes, it was a pretty solid version.

The Rock as a street fighter is certainy good casting, he does pull off comedy fairly well, and obviously Clyde will be played by Andy Serkis in a green body suit. ;)

Okay, maybe not that last part.

I'm not saying "hurray", but plays, musicals, songs, all get remade/covered. Do it well and it can be just as entertaining, a fun variation.

The key with a remake is that you already have the idea, so getting it wrong and making a bad version is just inexcusable. I think that's why so many of us are annoyed by them.

At least this is an admitted remake, I'm getting ready to open a thread about the new, more annoying variation, the "pretend its not a remake" remake.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
See ... I don't understand the whole "remake" concept any more. I own the DVD of the original movie (which, BTW, *was* pretty funny); and if I want to view it again I'll simply take it down from the shelf. It's not like we're talking about the difference in production values between 1933 stop-action animation and 2005 CGI here. "The Rock" is "OK" ... but he can't even begin to approach Clint Eastwood. (Hey ... I can see it now ... they'll release an "Every Which Way but Loose" Production Diary to Blu-ray the week of the movie's premiere! :confused: )

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
That's the thing, Joseph. While I don't condone re-re-making KONG again in 2005, I at least can see that things have changed drastically from 1933 til now. But remaking movies of the 1970s and 1980s? It's insane.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
That is so wrong. I have a hundred bucks that says old man Eastwood could kick the Rocks butt.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Ugh. So tired of remakes. Obviously I'll let my wallet do that talking and not see it, but it's still so frustrating and disheartening.

James@R

Second Unit
Can they even make a film like Every Which Way But Loose today? The original was hardly a model for political correctness. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks