Another reason I like my Panny RP-91

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It plays DVD+RWs! I have another DVD player, a JVC XV-65GD, which choked on the DVD+RW I created. But for each strength and weakness of the 2 players, the Panny doesn't play SVCDs, but the JVC will. I guess my particular combo compliments each other for now.

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

I was pleasantly suprised it played +R and +RW considering it is an older player. Despite its few flaws, I'm going to hang onto mine until it dies or until a decent upconverting player is offered by one of the major Japanese manufacturers.

DJ

3. BenK

BenK Stunt Coordinator

I've been very happy with mine for over the two years I've had it. I've been thinking about getting another one in case mine dies. Especially since I've already replaced the optical assembly about a year ago. Paranoia sets in.

4. Jose T

Jose T Stunt Coordinator

My Panny Rp91 is still going strong after 1 year. Since its disconitued and prices dropping, I'm thinking of getting another one in black.

5. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

Does the RP91 play DVD Ram discs with alternate chapters stops, without pauses? I made a disck on my recorder and I edited it to the chapters I wanted. When I wanted to make copies of it, I put it in my rp82 and it paused before each chapter and I couldn't copy it without the pauses. Short of buying another recorder, I was wondering if the 91 played them without searching first?