Another question regarding the 360.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Seth=L, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

I am a novice, but I thought I would be able to see it. Where is the third processor on the 360 motherboard?

Ok, I am getting very annoyed.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I can't post a link to the site or post the picture, I will try the long way and make another post. Again...[​IMG]......[​IMG]

2. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

3. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

There's a third processor??!?! [​IMG]

The 360's motherboard has an architectural layout that's similar to what one would find on a PC: a CPU (that's one), a GPU (that's two) and a Northbridge (pictured in the article) and Southbridge chipsets, neither of which are really processors.

4. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

As I said, I am a novice. I just remember reading the 360 had three 3.2 Ghz processors. I understand now, I was looking at the North bridge thinking maybe that was what they were refering to. I am still learning about computers, I definitely have more knowledge when it comes to audio/video.

5. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

Sorry, my initial remark was supposed to be taken in jest. [​IMG]

If you want to know a bit more about the triple-core CPU that's utilized in the 360, IBM has white papers on its design/architecture (link). It is written at a moderately technical level, so you may need to do some prep work before diving in.

6. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

Thank you for the link Ken, I wasn't offended, I sensed that it was all in good fun.[​IMG]