What's new

Another projector green blob question (1 Viewer)

Veechio

Auditioning
Real Name
Adrian
Hello all:

I apologize for being the upteinth person to write about a green blob on their projector screen but here I go anyway. I have a Panasonic Pt-P1SDU projector, way the heck out of warranty which projects a green, hazy, non uniform in shape, blob on the lower left part of the image. This is a 3 LCD unit as many of you may know. I was in considering a new bulb and bulb assembly for the projector however I have read on this site that it may be a concern with one of the polarizers and not the bulb?

Does the bulb assembly house the polarizers as well, if so any recommendations on the new favourite cheap place to buy a bulb online for a discontinued model ?

Thanks,

Adrian.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Well, You could check Ebay Stores, Apexlamps, Lampedia. I have bought there from both but beware with aftermarket bulbs.. Make sure you find the exact Wattage your bulb is as sometimes a projector takes different watts for different models and the sometime sell the wrong wattage bulb..I for example had some Sharp XR10xl Proj. and they always never sold the correct bulb.. I needed 220w and they always had the 275w bulb fort the other Projector but it was similar in model number..I would double check the Manual in there they should have the exact model bulb and wattage needed for that projector..IF you need help let me know I am pretty experienced at bulb buying over the past 3 years I have bought 9 bulbs..EDIT: I just checked the Mamual your bulb looks to be a UHM-130watt Bulb 1500 lm..I just checked ebay they had one but quite Spendy:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-PT-P1SDU-Assembly-with-High-Quality-Original-Projector-Bulb-/130882769881?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&hash=item1e793893d9I also looked and they did NOT have an Aftermarket bulb for your Specific Model Projector.. I would highly consider looking at a new Projector with the cost of this bulb so high if that would be an option especaially since you may have a problem with the projector which I would say is Probally not the Bulbs problem..Well I am getting hits on google like this :http://www.provantage.com/panasonic-et-lap1~7PANP06X.htmJust be sure it has the correct Model number and Wattage for your Specific Projector.. I had a couple searches come back and the Specific Projector was NOT listed in there so they must be using a Generic Panasonic search???

Veechio

Auditioning
Real Name
Adrian
Thanks guys - so if it is a stuck pixel or dust blob, am I simply doomed or can I somehow repair this and is it worth it. Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks