What's new

Another Nessie "Sighting" (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yes, everything old is new again. There's new footage of "Nessie".

OOOooohhhh! Amazing! An indistinct ripple across the surface of a lake! Whatever could it be?

My two favorite parts of the story?

1) The original AP text saying that "...there have been more than 4,000 purported Nessie sightings since she was first caught on camera by a surgeon on vacation in the 1930s." ("She" was definitely "caught on camera", but the sightings are "purported"? And isn't that 1930s photo an admitted hoax that one of the creators confessed to?)

2) The CNN-added "story highlights" pulled by some staffer who had a very limited frame of reference when it comes to the word "camera":

• "Nessie" was first captured on video in the 1930s

It doesn't say whether it was VHS, Beta or DVD. (Of course it was the 1930s, so I guess we can't rule out laserdisc. :))

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I read the article today before seeing the video. After reading the article I was anxious to see this 'amazing' new footage.

Ummmm, not so amazing. I'm not sure why the big deal was made about this video.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
The amazing part is at the end when the monster pokes his head outta the water and the guy says, "What you want, you old monster!?"

And you know what the monster said?

He said:

"I need about tree fitty."

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Given the number of times I've heard people refer to video tape as "film", not to mention how often people refer to taping an event as "filming" an event, it doesn't surprise me in the least that people in the 1930s would be similarly confused and use the term "video taping" when they were actually filming an event.

I'm sure it happened all the time. Way back then.

In the 1930s.

Tree fitty.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
The scary part is that it was Bigfoot who videotaped Nessie back in the 1930s.

Sony camcorder, if I remember.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
[straightman]So how much did a Sony camcorder cost back in the 1930s?[/straightman]

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The thing that kills me about the story is that they said something like "This is the best physical evidence of Nessie's existence". :confused:

This is the BEST evidence they got of something that probably doesn't exist?

I think what is happening is that they are taking every other 'hoax' claim and using that as the basis to prove this new evidence is real. If it weren't for the hoaxes and fake claims in the past, this new footage would be nothing more than a local story. People would look at it and go "Meh, it's just a school of fish", but because of the lore surrounding Nessie, it has become something more than it should be.

Giant monster??? Bah! That footage is no "proof" of anything. You gotta do MUCH better than that in order to convince me that this footage is more real than the past hoaxes.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Mark, what would it take to convince you that this footage is more real than the past hoaxes? :)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Bah, you skeptics get on my nerves.....Nessie's every bit as real as, let's say, The Piltdown Man.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
There's such an easy way to resolve the mystery of Nessie once and for all. Throw a little Silica into the Loch, *poof*, there goes the water and then we can see what lies at the bottom.

That is unless Silica absorbs monsters.....

Dan M

Second Unit
yeah loch ness monster is still a mess of hoaxes...

now the jersey devil....there's something to sink your teeth into....

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
My theory is that Loch Ness and Lake Champlain are connected by a vast underground water tunnel and that Nessie, or Champ, if you prefer, spends most of her life traveling back and forth between the two bodies of water. Since the distance is so great, it would explain the rare sightings of either creature. You find that tunnel, you'll find your Loch Ness Monster.

Seriously, with all the time and effort some people put into capturing this myth on video, you'd think by now they'd have come up with something substantial. Murky shadows, surface rills, random splashing....these do not equal proof.

Bruce

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Rats. I was hoping you would say it would take about tree fitty.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I can't believe your such a skeptic, Mark. Didn't you see that Toyota commercial where Nessie reaches out of Loch Ness and tosses that truck? Geez, some guys just won't believe their own eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks